Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone , When i take Tyson out in the car he is sick it has happened on both journeys he has been on now and he starts off my dribbling on me.
I dont want to stop taking him cos hes a joy to have with me but i dont want him feeling poorly either :cry:

Does anyone else have this problem? or is there anything anyone can suggest?

I have senn travel sickness things in pet shops but very wary of things like that.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Been there...try not giving him a lot of food before taking him out. chico used to get car sick, so if i was taking him anywhere i would take his food away about 30 mins before we were to leave, then give him food when we got to where we were going.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Been there, too! Taco has always gotten car sick. My vet said that it might go away when he was grown, but he's over a year old now and he still does it. It's disapointing, I would have liked to take him with me more. Not only does he get sick, but he doesn't like to ride either. Maybe because he knows he's not going to feel good. :( Apparently, the vet can give you something (I don't know what it is called) for the motion sickness. But, I wouldn't feel right giving something that wasn't prescribed from the vet.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
his he getting sick because he has a full stomach or is he getting sick be cause he has a empty stomach? I know Amanda gets sick if she doesn't eat before we get in the car... like she has to eat breakfast if we are goign to go somewhere in the morning.. I have gotten car sick when I was a baby too... But Gadget has never gotten car sick from being carsick.. he did how ever get sick int he car when he was having a bad reaction tot he flea stuff I had given him...

good luck and God bless

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-u for the replies. Makes me feel better that im not the only one!

I think it is the motion sickness as he goes very quiet when in the car and looks quite sickley :sad8:

Scared to take him out again as i hate to think that he feels poorly , he looks so sorry for himself when he has been sick!! poor chap

:wave:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
you can start by walking him to the car every day making it fun. then placing him in the car again playing making it fun, treats, happy smiles good dooooooooog. after he gets use to just sitting in the car go around the block give treats of course with each training. IF that doesnt work place carrier on floor with towel or blankie over it. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts