Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!!!!
I was wondering if anyone knew the laws when traveling internationally. I am going to go to Mexico next weekend :glasses7: but i do not want to leave Bella home, and i really dont trust anyone to watch her :oops: ......................i am just as possesive with my kids! :roll:
anyways..................Bella is 11 weeks and she is going in for her 2nd set of shots this week but she is too young to get her rabbies vaccine which i think is what customs requires
anyone know?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for the info but being that i was born and raised there i guess it is my second nature to go there..................but that is just me!

I guess it all depends on where you have been!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Oops... I found this on the site (near the bottom of the page) http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/regional/regional_1174.html

Pets

U.S. visitors to Mexico may bring a dog, cat or up to four canaries by presenting the following certificates at the border:

(1) A pet health certificate signed by a registered veterinarian in the United States and issued not more than 72 hours before the animal enters Mexico; and (2) A pet vaccination certificate showing that the animal has been treated for rabies, hepatitis, pip and leptospirosis.

Certification by Mexican consular authorities is not required for the health or vaccination certificate. A permit fee is charged at the time of entry into Mexico.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
arizonaalum said:
Well thanks for the info but being that i was born and raised there i guess it is my second nature to go there..................but that is just me!

I'm sure I haven't seen the best areas of Mexico - I wasn't trying to be rude about the country, but I figured you were probably going to the tourist areas right across the border. And the ones across from Texas aren't all that great ... or safe, if you know what I mean. And I just wouldn't take my dog there due to the water problems and basic health issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cooper said:
arizonaalum said:

I'm sure I haven't seen the best areas of Mexico - I wasn't trying to be rude about the country, but I figured you were probably going to the tourist areas right across the border. And the ones across from Texas aren't all that great ... or safe, if you know what I mean. And I just wouldn't take my dog there due to the water problems and basic health issues.

I also dont mean to be rude, but i think you are just digging yourself into a deeper hole!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just drop it. for me to get offended about that kind of stuff is rare, but i have been and that is that but I am so done with it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Deal.

Did you at least see the info above that post regarding pets? Looks like they need loads of vaccinations to enter the country. I dunno what age those are recommended to be given.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did see it, but she needs her rabbies and she is too young for it. I dont want to leave her home alone though. :cry:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: How about family, kennel, petsitter? if you're not going for too long she will do just fine and when you come back since she would have missed you so much your bond will only grow stronger. :wink:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere if they were under a certain age, they could travel internationally without their rabies shot. I'll see if I can find something about it. I was planning to take my pup there sometime next year, so hopefully it will be okay.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
arizonaalum said:
Cooper said:
arizonaalum said:

I also dont mean to be rude, but i think you are just digging yourself into a deeper hole!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just drop it. for me to get offended about that kind of stuff is rare, but i have been and that is that but I am so done with it.
Wow a tad bit extreme don't you think? :roll:

I did not take anything she said as being rude at all and my bf is mexican and he has family that lives there. :wave:

Anyway, will you be traveling far, meaning a long flight? I think a kennel would be better than taking her on long flights, but that's just my opinion. :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts