Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been buying locally made biscuits at the farmers market for the dogs lately- and I make semi soft treats for them out of liver and kidney. I missed the market this week (just got back today from vacation) and wanted to make something more biscuit-ey to have around. Does anyone have any favorite recipes? I have little bone cookie cutters so I would love something that I can roll out and cut into little bone shapes. Any favorites out there? Just no potato or carrots- Copley can't handle it.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While we are sharing recipes here is my kidney brownie recipe I use for training treats. It does have corn meal- so if you don't do corn you wouldn't want to use them. Since I wrote this I made it without the flour and it worked fine- I will probably leave it off from now on.
Dog in the Desert: Kidney Brownies
Just a warning, 4 LBS of kidney makes A LOT of treats for my two little dogs. That amount has lasted me 3 or 4 months- I just keep taking a bit of it out of the freezer at a time. Right now I am looking for something that is more of a hard biscuit that will keep for a week or so out on the counter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts