Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When I took Cooper to puppy/manners classes, our trainer suggested the same thing about bringing treats to class. I told the her that I preferred to "treat" Cooper with praise instead of treats and she was fine with that. I did take a few along to keep him interested and for every 10 "good boys", I gave him one small piece of treat ... especially since he'd see the other dogs getting yummies.

Good luck with your class! I hope you get trained to your pup's specifications! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Seriously... sometimes people sort of apologize for spoiling their dogs (nobody in this forum :lol: ) and I always say, "What's the point of having a dog if you're not going to spoil it?" To me, anything less than spoiling approaches neglect.[/quote]

So, are you saying that by baking Cooper a birthday cake, having a big party with all his friends, having doggy activities where prizes where handed out and giving everypup their own personal doggy bags when they left (filled with homemade treats and toys) isn't wrong??

I REALLY need to forward this to my mom. She thinks I'm nuts. While I'm at it, I'll forward it to all my friends that ask me if it was weird giving birth to a dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts