Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! All my grown life, people have teased me for the way i treat my chi babies. FINALLY! Someone who understands!
Birthday parties, spoiling, presents! Yayyyyy! Where have you been all my life! :D :D Short, quick story: (well maybe not so short) I have been prone to become emotionally attached to my animals all my life. I take after my daddy, i just love animals. In 1983, i got Kelsey, a choc and white chi whom i loved very much. She was my precious little pet and sooo smart. She died at 4 yrs old of milk fever. That's another story in itself. The day after she died i was in such pain that i knew i had to have another chi to hold and love. It was 2 days before Christmas. I found Tiffany. Tif was 4 wks and 2 days old but i begged the breeder to let me take her home, promising to bring her back if she wouldn't eat. I spoon fed her for the next 8 weeks, puppy milk and rice cereal. (then her hair started to fall out and the vet made me wean her :) ) Anyway Tiffany was my baby, my other daughter,,, and we all spoiled her rotten, my husband included. Whatever Tiffany wanted, Tiffany got. When we went on vacation, i hired someone to come to our house twice a day to feed and play with her. When she died in 1999, i was devastated. I will never get over the loss of my baby. I miss her every day. Most people don't understand that. My sister kept telling me, "she's just a dog." No, she wasn't, she was my other child. You get a dog knowing you are probably going to out-live them. But the joy they bring far outweighs the pain, even tho it hurts so bad when you lose them. So i will continue to indulge my babies with treats and all the comforts of life that i can afford them! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts