Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for treats for my dogs with not so many ingredients but they either have molassa and brown sugar isn't that bad for them even honest kitchen have molassa

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I give my dogs only one kind of treat. Old Mother Hubbard baking Company Classic Puppy Biscuits.
Anything with molasses gives them terrible tear stains :(

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Carrots & fruits are great treats. Just remember NO seeds or pits!!! There's a thread on here of things that dogs should not eat!! Dehydrated meat like chicken, liver, etc. made right in your own oven or dehydrator. This question seems to be coming up several times. When you give treats like this from your own house, you know your pups are getting nothing but real fruit & meat, little to no preservatives. Store bought treats have too many added ingrediants. That's why I never buy treats for my chi. She either doesn't get any or I share my banana, apple, watermelon, etc. I feed her raw, so that's a treat all in itself for her. I do plan to get a dehydrator soon so I can make her jerky treats, but it's not a have-to-have.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I make my own treats for Chico and Kody. Like Lisa said, I know what they are getting...

I Dehydrate Chicken Strips once a wk in my Dehydrator. I also will give them Carrots, which they eat like candy :) some fresh fruit also...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts