Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been a thread started for Trick or Treat? If so can someone pls direct me. :) If not, may I start one?

I love Trick or Treat nite with all the little kiddies coming around! We make a big deal of it here. My sister gets about 200 beggars every halloween. This is our first halloween in this house but I don't think we'll get many here, and we didn't where we lived before. So we take our treats to my sisters and do TorT there. Robin might come out this year with here little girl. :) The police in the area patrol on bicycles and my bil brings in the season in his santa hat. Some of the dogs will be in costume, maybe even some of the adults. It varies from year to year but the chi's are always a treat to the kids! What are some of your traditions? Pls. share!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
We don't really have a tradition per say. My daughter is still into trick or treating so I take her to a big local outdoor mall and our friends meet us there and the girls go store to store. Last year was the first year we were actually home in time to still pass out candy and this year I decorated up my front porch and when we get home from the mall we are sitting outside (weather permitting *crosses fingers*) and passing out candy. We do get lots of trick or treaters though because my neighbor across the street builds a haunted house/maze in his front yard so everyone comes down our block. The only other "tradition" we have is ordering a pizza and having it delivered. LOL My two dogs each have cute little Halloween dresses so I will be putting those on them so they can join us out front for the fun.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Has there been a thread started for Trick or Treat? If so can someone pls direct me. :) If not, may I start one?

I love Trick or Treat nite with all the little kiddies coming around! We make a big deal of it here. My sister gets about 200 beggars every halloween. This is our first halloween in this house but I don't think we'll get many here, and we didn't where we lived before. So we take our treats to my sisters and do TorT there. Robin might come out this year with here little girl. :) The police in the area patrol on bicycles and my bil brings in the season in his santa hat. Some of the dogs will be in costume, maybe even some of the adults. It varies from year to year but the chi's are always a treat to the kids! What are some of your traditions? Pls. share!
THat sounds like so much fun! I hope wherever we move we have trick or treaters we don't here because we live on acerage and nobody comes out here which is nice but then sucks b/c I LOVE Halloween!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kerri, we live kinda out where there are no houses too. My sister lives in like a sub-division so I think all the kids from all communities around come to their area. So we migrate to her house. lol

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
we have decorated the front of the house, and are in the process of getting Tulula a outfit, so she can go trick or treating with my daughter. we love it

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
We live in the woods and get no trick or treaters. Wish we could come to your place.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I decorate the inside and put up window decals and some glowy orange lights. My neighborhood is holiday-lame but I still take them around, I can't not! But we do the major trick or treating at the mall, then come walk around to a few places before coming home for the night. I really wish more people here would participate. There's nothing to it ya know. =\

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Not to into trick or treating (don't have kids) hubby and I usually shut out all the lights and curl up in front of a scary movie or something, we don't answer the door, but it seriously only rings/knocks like 10 times. I know someone in Texas who gets over 1000 trick or treaters, I can't imagine! I would go insane...hubby and I are hermits lol.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh Kay! I wish you could be here too, and anyone else so inclined.

LOL Heather. A very good friend of mine is like that too... just totally not into the trick or treat. My husband is like that, but I just think it's fun to dress the dogs up and see all the kids at their cutest. (I'm not usually a kid person). :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
No youngsters here anymore, so we don't trick or treat. But I used to love to take my kids. We don't really have many kids come to our door for candy. Most parents take their kids to carnivals and stuff since so much of the tainted candy was happening there a few years back. I love to go to the Mall Halloween night. They always have candy at each store, and many of the parents take smaller kids there. It's so cute to see the lil ones dressed up.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
We just do the standard thing here, hand out candy. We usually sit on the driveway with a big bowl of candy and Brody. He likes looking at all the little monsters running around. ha!

My mom is hilarious. She decks out her house in Christmas stuff! Lights, big wreath on the door, Christmas music blaring, a Christmas tree all lit up just inside the door, decorations galore. She answers the door in a Christmas sweatshirt and Santa hat and yells MERRY CHRISTMAS to the kids before they can say trick or treat. They are usually shocked. Then she hands them candy canes. She's a goofball!! The kids will usually tell her that it's HALLOWEEN and NOT Christmas! It's pretty funny. She's done it for years and so now the kids all know her as the Christmas lady. ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
That's too funny Tracy! Your mom and my mom sound like they'd get along just fine, they're both silly when it comes to holidays. My mom and her sister dressed up a few years back REALLY convincingly as zombie lawn ornaments and sat out with candy on the lawn with a sign saying take one, and when the kids would get close enough they'd snap to life. Oh gosh, we had some screamers!

As for myself i'm just now breaking into my "adulthood" and making my own traditions, no kids yet but i'm practicing, I whipped up some orange popcorn balls today which i've never even eaten before let alone made, it was pretty good!

I haven't decided yet because i'm not sure if they're TorT sunday or saturday, but i'll probably sit on the patio for a few hours handing out some candy trying not to stress my pups out too bad from all the knocking, then turn out the lights and watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show on repeat :]

We're new here this year so i'm not sure how the TorT are, but in previous years we lived in a shady neighborhood so my bf asked I don't answer the door as I usually end up home alone on Halloween :(

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Tracy-- you mum would love the one across the road here her house is all done up--for Halloween-lights animated figurines, withces, ghosts, bats grogoyles--the lot. When my son was little her hated hgetting out of the car at night beccuase he was so freaked by it all--now he is seven years and loves it. Now on 1 November Christmas will go up...even bigger. School kids go n little field trips to walk by her house, a couple of times at Christmas thre was a bus too...

Neighbors here wil all be out--some even serve cocktails--nice neighbors.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Im taking Dahlia trick or treating at
Pet Supply Plus tomorow!
Im going to let her pick out her
own Bullystick.Fun!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts