Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Eric, who is pretty much a dog whisperer lol, taught Miya to sit tonight! She is 12 weeks old today and has it down pact!!! I can't wait to show my husband when he gets back from his underway! He even had her doing high fives but it was alot for one sitting.....SO EXCITED and proud of her!!!!!!:p

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Woohoo way to go Miya!!! :)

They are like sponges at that age, they absorb everything!
You should try other commands, this is a great age to learn basics, just have to make sure you keep practicing,
otherwise in a few days it'll be like "sit??? what sit??? what is this "sit" you speak of mama?" LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's so great! People tend to underestimate how smart a puppy can be, but when they're young their brains are complete sponges. Puppies even younger than 8 weeks can be taught to sit on command for treats, and Teddy was learning how to hop in and out of bags and boxes on command at 11 weeks. The more she learns now the easier she'll learn later in life, for sure. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww great job!! They can learn so quickly at this age. I taught Kahlua to sit first; and in the time it took me to restart my computer at the time (to be fair it was an older model LOL) she would lay "Down" on command too. She was probably around the same age too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts