Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking to trim NaNa and TucTuc hair short..do you think it's a good idea or bad ?..will they grow back out again?...They look so young when they have short hair around the ears and around the body...thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
We are thinking to trim NaNa and TucTuc hair short..do you think it's a good idea or bad ?..will they grow back out again?...They look so young when they have short hair around the ears and around the body...thanks
maybe its a myth but wont it grow back thicker?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
LC coats aren't meant to be cut :) they are easy to groom dogs the coat doesn't keep growing it can ruin their coat and stop it from growing back properly? It's also coming up to winter so they will grow mew coat to keep them warm

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
If they have "fly aways" or totally out of control ear fringe I may trim it up a hair. Not make it short...just make it less "out of control" I guess? I'd do that if Mari's got that way. But that could be because I perfer that look. But I wouldn't make it short short because the "fringe" of a LC is my fav thing! Frames their faces nicely & just gives them that desireable look. :)

I think your pups are perfect the way they are. If you do trim it...it WILL grow back & I don't believe it will change the way their fur grows/looks. I've trimmed Mari's "pants" before...once quite short because she had the poo's ages ago. I made it so it wasn't "groomed" looking but it grew back & they're nice & long now.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Not sure why you would want to cut a L/C and make it into a S/C

I dunno...it's similar to people cutting a Poms full coat making them look like a little teddy bear. If I had a Pom I'd do that...I think it's WICKED cute! If you're not showing than what does it really matter I guess is my take on it. I don't think Moni's pups need a trim but to each their own IMO. ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I was told by a groomer and a vet not to trim my peke's hair because it would ruin their coat. I am not sure if it is the same with chis, but personally, if it not just to trim a little errant hair, I would not want to risk it. IMO.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Moni I trimmed Bennys ear "fringe" and it grew back. It was so long and out of control. He looked so cute but it grew back rather quickly....

I had Frankie's pants fringe trimmed and it grew back too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts