Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an alert from AVG a few minutes ago when I changed pages on my photobucket alerting me that a trojan horse had been found and it was an infected page. It didnt fix it or log me off the page when I hit okay? What am I supposed to do when this happens and what exactly is it?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what does the Trojanhorse do to your computer?

3,132 Posts
Steals your info, bank info, credit card info, pretty much any info you have put online, and assuming they don't also carry viruses and worms.... well, they can be just nasty and hard as heck to get rid of! :(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran a scan with AVG and it didnt detect anything? If it were here would it be detected?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I dont access my bank accounts online can they still get my info?

How does one get rid of one?

3,132 Posts
If you have any info on your pc, IE, if you have ever done any sort of transactions for anything, banking, ebay, paypal, shopping etc... they have your card info! They also have all of your passwords.

I don't know if its removed if your scanner doesn't detect it anymore, they are sneaky little things and can hide. I would scan again and hope for the best... good luck!!!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Michelle, There should be a place in AVG that logs all scans and actions. It should also have a quarantine section.

If it's not showing anything on subsequent scans, it probably took care of it, that's what it's supposed to do. It really depends on "preferences". What action is chosen if a bug is discovered? Is it to take that action without prompting? I believe that would be the default setting, it is on most. If it is then it took care of it upon detection and you are finished with it.

You can always look in the logs or quarantine (I don't know of an AV that doesn't have those) and see what's there. You will most likely see it there, ready to delete safely off your machine. It sounds as though it's probably done exactly what it should be doing.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did look at the scan logs and it only shows tracking cookies. I am not sure about a quarrantine area but I will go look.

I havent had to give my permission to take action on any of the cookies so I am assuming it does that on its on.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, it is in the virus vault. So that means I am okay right? Now it has a tab that says, "Remove all unhealed infections"? Now do I need to click this tab?

Also this trial version is up in 4 days and I would like to find a free service and one was posted on here the other day when we were discussing the big worm. Should I go ahead and download the new free program while I still have this protection? I thought that would be better as there wouldnt be a lapse in protection?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whaen i read the title i thought a real trojan horse from history had been found!
LOL!! I could see where that would be confusing;-)

3,132 Posts
I downloaded the free version, so far I am happy with it. Its been finding things here and there that McAfee doesn't. I don't know really how to work the thing, but I am learning. I would say if its caught the trojan, then selecting the removal button will send it packing. Just make sure you run your scan again after you remove the trojan, just to make sure.

I still wish we could round these horrible people up and run them over sllloooowwwwlllllyyyy with a steam roller! :D

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there a way to unstore your passwords? I have some that says save this info to your computer but I still have to type the passwords themselves usually all but things like Photobucket where I stay logged in for a certain period of time. I think Ebays is like that as well?

Can this Trojanhorse have done damage before the AVG detected it?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It stayed in the vault when I clicked remove all unhealed infections from computer? Is there somewhere else I need to go to remove them?

Maybe it didnt moved it because it is healed? Will it make a difference if it isnt removed?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts