Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
second time posting this...first one failed i think

bungee is a 2yr old spayed female
she is a blue chi with color dilution Alopecia, which i had no idea what it was...but i do now! any questions about this condition are welcome!

bungee as a pup 1st day home 4mo's old

Beauty Bungee today

butt shot

what chew lookin at?

ATTACK!!

snuggle on heat pad great for canadian winters!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
They are beautiful!! Bungee's alopecia must be exceptionally mild as she looks great to me! :)

Brodsymom

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya she has come a long way, after learning about CDA and trying things out to make her coat and skin healthier.
at about 8mo's old she was getting these awful scaley, crusty, thin coated patches along her back.
tey are all gone now but she still has naked patches on neck, under ears, belly, hard to see them on camera :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What kinds of things did you do to make her skin and coat look so great? I know there are people here who have dealt with alopecia or are currently dealing with it and would love to know what products, supplements, etc. you have used.

She is one of the prettiest blues I've ever seen!

Brodysmom

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow thank you so much!
i did want to add this to the home remidiy page because i know how well it worked for me.

When it started bothering her I thought about what i used when my skin was dry and itchy so i tried using Aloe Vera Gel. to my suprize, after about a month of slathering my dog in Aloe Vera Gel once a week ,she was a lot better and had the smoothest coat!
i told my vet i was doing this and she had nothing bad to say. if anyone has heard of any reason not to use aloe vera gel, pls let us know!
but it has done wonders for bungee!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
wow thank you so much!
i did want to add this to the home remidiy page because i know how well it worked for me.

When it started bothering her I thought about what i used when my skin was dry and itchy so i tried using Aloe Vera Gel. to my suprize, after about a month of slathering my dog in Aloe Vera Gel once a week ,she was a lot better and had the smoothest coat!
i told my vet i was doing this and she had nothing bad to say. if anyone has heard of any reason not to use aloe vera gel, pls let us know!
but it has done wonders for bungee!
My Lulubelle has some of the same issues and I agree with the Aloe Vera gel!! It is so soothing for her and she literally relaxes her whole body when I put it on her! My vet said it was totally safe too. Home remedies are really great!!! I also cook oatmeal and use the liquid to put on her skin when she is itchy. It is a bit messy until it drys and she wants to lick it of course :) But it helps too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ya! I forgot to add your dog tends to go a little crazy rubbing on stuff till it drys! lol its ha-lari-ous! bungee does her 'digging like mad' and digs up all the dog beds in the house!

Best thing i found to do is hold pup still and rub it in letting it dry a bit.
but it still cracks me up :p!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aww I love her we have a little blue boy that has the same condition.he is just about all the way bald but still cute his name is Harry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts