Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tucker is really starting to come out and show his personality.
As I said before he doesn't like the men in the house, both have short beards and deep voices so that might be it. But I was talking on the Nextel with one of them this morning and Tucker heard his voice and started running to each doorway barking! When I was talking on the speaker phone to my sister he did not do this. :?
Another funny thing, he has yet to eat any treat I might give him, he did finally take some little cheese kibble and proceded to hide it in a pillow, he tried and tried to push the pillow cover on top of it. I told him he did good hiding. :D Later I took it and gave it back to him so he put it someplace else. Then when the man in the house sat near where he put it (this was an hour or so later) he went and got it and put it closer to me. So funny, its still there.
One last funny, this morning he saw his reflection in a glass door to the entertainment center and proceded to growl and posture at it! But when the Lovebird bounced in he cage he squealed and ran to me. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm going to bet that man and that dog in the entertainment center didn't get his treat though - did they?? :lol:

It looks as if he's starting to realize what's his and he's going to protect it! LOL Enjoy this time... soon, everything will be his and he will know it. LOL

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he hasn't taken treats

He won't take any treats. I took him to Petsmart today and we got a tshirt that is almost too smalll but looks so cool on him then I got him a squeaky monkey. This monkey is hte first thing he has actually taken a liking to besides me!

On another tangent, this guy needs socializing. At Petsmart he did his growly wowly number on several people even when they didn't reach for him. I am going to have to have a lot of people meet him. any one have suggestions? How should I react? I was very firm with a NO and I grabbed his mouth (gently but firmly) when I said it. I did not coddle him and tell him he was OK because I was thinking that would tell him he was supposed to be worried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts