Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. This is the second time in the past week this has happened.

Turbo is getting up at around 4am and just woofing, and making that deep bark noise. All windows in the house are shut, and there is noone outside. It's very quiet in the house at night.

The only thing I can think of are these two things:

1. Our neighbor recently had a baby. Could he be hearing a baby crying across the street??!!?
2. Turbo was left alone yesterday in the kitchen for awhile. (12 hours) :( There wasn't anything I could do... I had to work a long day. The other day as well he was left alone.

Is he just waking up because he's not tired? Was he locked away too long and now he is trying to yell at us for it?? HELP. This is causing me to get 4hrs of sleep and I have to work in the morning. :(

Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I don't think Turbo is trying to tell at you.. dogs live in the moment.. they also can't get enough sleep. I've never known a dog not enjoy a nice nap. If it continues why don't you take him for a long walk/run before you go to bed so he is tired.

Could you also not get someone to come in and take him for a walk during the day?

Personally i think something is bothering him.. unless he is a dog who generally barks for no reason i would have thought something bothers him. there could be another animal outside.. anything

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
they have supersonic hearing--trust me :) it could be a crying baby at 4 am...
my dogs start barking when the Mail delivery truck is three houses down the street...

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
they have supersonic hearing--trust me :) it could be a crying baby at 4 am...
my dogs start barking when the Mail delivery truck is three houses down the street...
Ha, so true! It amazes me sometimes the things they hear. I will see mine react to something and wonder what it is and then look down the street and see someone walking their dog way down the street. They can hear the metal collar clinking from that far away, amazing. It must be their big Chi ears. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts