Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking into getting a flat screen TV but not sure which to choose so was wondering what brand everyone owns how long youve had it & would you recommend it to anyone?

·
Registered
384 Posts
well i have vizio, and i just love it.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We are Sony people and we have 3 Sony flat panels and we have never had any issues ;-)

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told by the sales lady at walmart thta Sony makes the Vizio Tv's & they are right up there with the Sony quality..any one know if this is really true?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
No Vizio is made by lots of tv manufacturers. AmTran Technology of Taiwan is who makes Vizio. The LCD screens are made by LG and the Plasma's are made by Panasonic seconds. They are not the quality that you would get out of Sony or Samsung. They are more of a generic brand it is hit or miss with them. We always go buy Consumer reports and the last time we checked Sony and Samsung was the best for picture quality, etc... Now Plasma's I think Panasonic is the leader or was last time we shopped.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
We have two panasonic viera's flat screen plasma's. Picture is incredible. They were top rated a couple years ago when we got them. Now plasma's aren't recommended. I think the LED is the latest and greatest.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We are dying for one the new 3D televisions, Shawns cousin has a 55" that is unbelievable!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I got the toshiba 40e200u for Xmas best tv ever It has a lot of options the guy at the store where I got it said it was better than the Sony especially for options this is the one

Toshiba Canada - home entertainment - televisions - flat panel television - 40E200U

It's usually on sale too. It has 4hdmi out inputs and a bunch of other features u can read at the link posted. My bf bought it for me after extensive research

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I was going to say the same thing! We love anything Sony in our house!
I bought one Sony Bravia and liked it so much I bought another. I had intended to get into TV watching....been too busy.

I got them from two different places...one from New Egg dot com and one from buterfly camera dot com. I have had good results with new egg , things arrive very quickly from them.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We have two Samsung plasmas and really like them. We had the first one for about a year and bought a second for our master when we bought the new house. Theyre great quality, top rated and we havent had any problem with them burning images as most plasmas do. I second Tracy though, the LED tvs look awesome!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
No matter what brand of TV you get the things you should care about are contrast ratio and refresh rate. High of both.

That will determine how clear your TV is, whites whiter and blacks blacker essentially.

LED is the way to go as far as that goes, but it's very expensive and not too developed by all brands and some are even LED-LCD. We recently got a computer monitor with an EIGHT MILLION:1 contrast ratio - and the average tv at walmart has anywhere from 500-100,000:1 (LCD). So that should tell you about the picture quality.

That said, we have a Samsung in the living room and I believe we're looking at an LG to replace it and it'll retire to the bedroom.

Blu ray is the only feature that can completely utilize a 1080p picture - that said, I will never buy an "i" TV. It means the pixels are displayed differently and are "interlaced" and, I use blu ray so I get the best picture quality.

-I used to work for Best Buy so I got myself the hook up ;)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
We've got a 50" Panasonic that my dad won and it's probably 5 or 6 years old. It lets off a lot of heat but still a great TV :)

I have a 32" Samsung in my room which I love and I bought my mom a 32" LG last year to put in my parents' room.

We love them all, although the quality of the LG is weird...the video looks, life-like, if that makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It lets off a lot of heat but still a great TV
Yes! Its crazy how much energy they use and heat they give off. The 50" we have in our living room used to be in my fiances bedroom (boys!) when we rented and lived with roommates. His room was small and it would make the whole room soooooo hot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts