Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More and more, Twiggy is starting to use her bad leg more and more to stand and stretch. Not walking on it yet, but getting there. I am so happy. These little dogs are tougher than we give them credit for sometimes.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Good deal! Is she is heat? She looks really swollen back there.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, she just got out of heat 3 weeks ago. She really swelled up then, this is just her normal look.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Awesome! That's great improvement. She did so well without it, it's wonderful to see her "testing" it out and knowing that it's still available to her! lol. :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it's been 5 months since she was run over, I guess it took all this time to heal everything up and now using it doesn't hurt any more. I have seen her walk a few steps on it, but for speed or distance, she still tucks it up.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wonderful news. :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No, she's definitely not in heat. When she was, it was three times the size and very red. She has always had rather large privates, I don't know if it is because she had babies before or because of her size or what. Another reason I am sure she is not in heat is my males are ignoring her. They sure weren't when she really was in heat. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Hahaha she had babies I thought she was tiny?? Ah people bug me!!

I'm so glad her legs seems to be getting better how is smoke doing?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the "people" that owned her before bred her. And she only weighs 2 pounds 12 oz. She's lucky to be alive. The former owners wanted her back if she got better because of the money they could get for her puppies. Disgusting vermin. Smoke is doing well on the phenobarb. He hasn't had a full blown seizure for about 3 1/2 weeks now, but when he sleeps, he still has tremors. Sometimes when he wakes, he is disoriented and starts running crazy. One time he fell off where he was and did a face plant. I make sure now when he sleeps, he is on the ground. But while he is awake, he is just a normal puppy, playing like mad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts