Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Twiggy's turn. Most of you know Twiggy's story, how the animal control officials went to the property to remove some chihuahuas and found her in a cage by herself, severely underweight and disabled. The owners admitted running her over with their brand new caddie and never taking her to the vet because it would cost too much. And they wanted her back if she got better because they could make a lot of money from her puppies. She weighs under 3 pounds. She was taken to the pound and listed on Petfinder, where I saw her and emailed them. The next day I picked her up. She's put on almost a pound and looks so much better. She doesn't let the fact she is mostly three-legged keep her down. She can use her bad leg when she wants, but for speed, she raises the leg and takes off. Don't feel bad for her, she thinks there is nothing at all wrong with her and rules the dog room.

You can see how uneven her hips are

Her skinny bad leg

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww you can see how thankful she is in her eyes. =) She's beautiful and lucky to have you!! Thanks for all that you do, from the bottom of my heart! <3

·
Registered
873 Posts
She's gorgeous, and you can see that she is so thankful to be with you now. I'm glad she's with you, and not being used to make money by those despicable people.

Loving these pics, who's up next? :)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a few more, I had to go do something before I could finish. :)

She still is afraid of a lot of things

But she is my little diva, sunbathing

She looks like a fawn here

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, she is such a sweetheart, but still so nervous and scared of people. She's come a long way, but I don't think she will ever be comfortable around strangers.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Aw. She's lovely. I'm loving the pics and introductions to all your dogs since I haven't been around too long. I'm so glad there are people like you in this world.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Twiggy's story has always been one of perseverance and strength! These pictures show exactly those traits. She looks beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have actually never heard Twiggy's story before. How awful those people are!!!! I sure hope they no longer own ANY animals. They do not deserve to. You truly are Twiggy's angel and I am so happy that she is with you. What a happy ending to a sad sad story. Poor girl. I am sure she would not be afraid of many things if she didn't have such a rough life before you. I will just never understand people. But she looks SO beautiful and SO happy, all thanks to you! You are lucky that you have each other! :) People like you inspire me to help little babies like Twiggy. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Twiggy, my lady, you are beautiful. Pam, you totally, completely, 100% ROCK!!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts