Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a guesstimate, this week is Twiggy's third birthday. I've had her a year and a half. She is a diva, 2 pounds 14 ounces of pure attitude. So fearless when it's about the other dogs, so scared when it comes to people. She still belly crawls to me to pick her up and sits and shakes for about 5 minutes after I pick her up. Her life must have been pure torture before I got her. Then being run over and put in a crate and ignored, it's a wonder she is as sweet as she is. I love and admire her spirit and sassiness.

Picture from the pound before I got her

Exploring the house

Having a good roll in the grass

So tiny

That scary soda can

Modling her pretty clothes

Starting to use her bad leg to walk

Sunbathing

Hanging with Smoke

Out in the backyard, almost lost in the grass

The tall and the short

Running with Babushka

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Poor sweetheart. Thank goodness she's safe and sound now.
What was wrong with her leg exactly? Did she have surgery?
Is her leg 100% now? Where do you get your rescues from?
Do you work alone or with organizations?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor sweetheart. Thank goodness she's safe and sound now.
What was wrong with her leg exactly? Did she have surgery?
Is her leg 100% now? Where do you get your rescues from?
Do you work alone or with organizations?
Her former owners ran her over with their new caddie and never took her to a vet. They just put her in a crate and ignored her. By the time the pound found her, two months went by and her hips and pelvis healed as they are now. The left leg healed high and turned inward. The ortho vet and I decided since she has some control over that leg, we would not amputate and would take a wait and see attitude. Thank goodness we did as she is using it to walk on more and more and she can scratch with it and uses it for balance getting in and out of a bed. Her leg will never be 100%, most of the time she is three-legged.

I watch the ads for special needs chis and people know of me and steer the dogs to me. I work alone.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You know I still to this day can not comprehend how some people can harm such innocent
creatures. It's heartbreaking. I'm glad she's doing better. I wish more folks cared for dogs in
need. You are a special lady, and I'm sure you get plenty of rewards from your pups for the
work you put in. I just posted a sweet rescue video in the rescue section, I think you might
like it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
OMG that actually made me sick to the stomach to read that someone hit that tiny thing with a car and didn't take her to the vet! Especially as someone with a brand new car is obviously in the financial position to afford vet bills. No dog deserves that kind of treatment, its just so sad to even think about the pain she must have been in:( She's so lucky to have come to you poor little thing. She's such a cutie pie and looks like she's loving life in your household.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Happy Birthday!! She looks like such a sweet heart! I can't believe the abuse she's endured. What a strong little gal. She's so lucky to have found a place in your heart and your home.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That picture of her in the pound just makes me sick. Thank God you took her in. She sure looks happy now playing with your other pups. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone. She amazes me everyday with her determination. She rules the other dogs, she is the queen.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I remember her story. I was new on here when that happened. She sure has come a long way and I didn't even recognize her. She's a beautiful and wonderful dog. I'm so happy that she is with you and very very loved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts