Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the pet supply store. They had dog adoption today and had a little female chi that needed a home. I really wanted her but we are at our limit. Sometimes being responsible is no fun! At least these folks got her out of animal control and she is being well cared for.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
aww, what color is she? 2 wasnt enough for me. i kept looking ... i new i wanted one more chi and wasnt going to be satisfied until i got just one more. lol. Now i really feel like my little family is complete. i dont even look any more :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
2 isn't enough for me ;) but I have 4 dogs now, 2 chis, a chi corgi mix puppy, and a sharpei. And if Ihubby let me, I'd drag home another chi tomorrow! But I do understand what you mean about responsibility. If I couldn't afford them all including things like heartguard, harnesses, everything, I wouldn't have as many as I do. And space is a factor too. When we lived in the apartment I just had my pei and Audrey my 1 chi. Now we are in a house so our family of furbabies have expanded. And training and exercise time is needed for each dog. So all of that are matters to weigh.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was a pretty red color, about a year old and small, about 5 lbs and a bit overweight. She was a little shy but not terribly so. She can't be adopted until she is spayed so they just brought her to socialize today.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
aww, she sounds so pretty. is it totally out of the question or are you thinking about it?
i also totally understand about setting limits. i am for sure at my limit right now :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking - thinking about the fact that it is totally out of the question and also thinking that I should not have held her!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Two chi's was not enough for us either! I actually debated back and forth between getting a third one and to be honest my fiancé wasnt so thrilled about the idea. But after tons of begging, I decided to just go and get a third on my own. Guess who is obsessed with the baby? Mg fiancé!!! I ask him all the time if we could go back, would he have gotten Leo and he always says absolutely! But now at 3, our family is complete until real babies come along!! I think it's harder to go from 1 to 2 dogs than it is from 2 to 3, especially when they're so tiny! Good luck with your decision! ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
LOL. You do realize who you are asking, right? I feel like I am one of a handful that only own one (and I am on a quest for #2 within a year or two). Most people here have at least two or three.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ya puppylove168 lol I would take 3 or 4 no problem! But wow my chi corgi mix is 10 weeks and a major monster. Its a good thing she's cute :)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Ya puppylove168 lol I would take 3 or 4 no problem! But wow my chi corgi mix is 10 weeks and a major monster. Its a good thing she's cute :)
You have a chi/corgi mix, too? My Marmalade is supposed to be a long coat chi/corgi mix and was born without a tail.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Two chi's was not enough for us either! I actually debated back and forth between getting a third one and to be honest my fiancé wasnt so thrilled about the idea. But after tons of begging, I decided to just go and get a third on my own. Guess who is obsessed with the baby? Mg fiancé!!! I ask him all the time if we could go back, would he have gotten Leo and he always says absolutely! But now at 3, our family is complete until real babies come along!! I think it's harder to go from 1 to 2 dogs than it is from 2 to 3, especially when they're so tiny! Good luck with your decision! ;)
I'm glad you did get Leo, He's just so gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Pfft, surely you jest, 2 is never enough, nor is 3 - 4 is an ok number :)

When you say "up to our limit", are you talking about a council or other statutory body imposed one? If so, to hell with them, those by-laws aren't real, official, big laws that run the nation, they're just a bunch of pokey little laws made up by local yokals sitting around a table in council chambers once a month letting the power go to their heads (if you're the same us us over there).

Chi's are smaller than most domestic cats, they don't maraud & murder wildlife at night and no-one even knows you've got them :coolwink: :coolwink: :coolwink:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Yes, I did. ;)
That is the first step! haha!

I say they switch things up and go by body weight of the dog rather than number of dogs. My friend has a 100 pound Bernese Mountain dog.

I have 11 pounds, 2 ounces-COMBINED. Seems I should be allowed way more to catch up to her!

So. How long until you email or call??

·
Registered
28 Posts
2 isn't enough for me ;) but I have 4 dogs now, 2 chis, a chi corgi mix puppy, and a sharpei. And if Ihubby let me, I'd drag home another chi tomorrow! But I do understand what you mean about responsibility. If I couldn't afford them all including things like heartguard, harnesses, everything, I wouldn't have as many as I do. And space is a factor too. When we lived in the apartment I just had my pei and Audrey my 1 chi. Now we are in a house so our family of furbabies have expanded. And training and exercise time is needed for each dog. So all of that are matters to weigh.
I know what you mean by your comment, i have four dogs and could easily bring home another chi but the hubby also would kill me if i did lol... they are a lot of work and sometimes you need someone to just say no, otherwise i think i would be called the dog lady lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Im def thinking that 3 isnt enough! I have my 2 chi's and chiweenie now and next year will be getting another. Its very likely that it will be a Chi as Ive always wanted a long coated girl (preferably dark cream/gold coloured).
Im sure I have enough lap room for another Chihuahua!!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts