Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes Fiddle will just ''forget'' she has back legs and just drag them around on the carpet. I makes me die with laughter as she does it mostly when she is excited. In saying that, Is this something I should be worried about? Does anyone elses Chi do this???

** I dont normally sound so silly! I put on a voice that excited her so she would do it!

IMG_0155 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I don't know if it is something to worry about, but she sure is cute! Does she walk well at all other times? Maybe it's just a quirk? She seemed to be walking fine when she wasn't doing it, so my guess is it is just something she does. :lol: She is adorable, and is growing nicely. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We call this "smishing" haha. I have no clue why. But Oakley does it on command. We think it looks like a fish or something, but fish wasn't a funny enough word. Its nothing to worry about :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Maybe she is scratching her own belly. :lol:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if it is something to worry about, but she sure is cute! Does she walk well at all other times? Maybe it's just a quirk? She seemed to be walking fine when she wasn't doing it, so my guess is it is just something she does. :lol: She is adorable, and is growing nicely. :)
Yep walks fine otherwise haha she just sometimes like to drag her self on the rug! haha Its one of the shagpile ones too so she must just like how it feels lol. Its so funny to watch! and she will do it only sometimes lol. She is almost 1kg now! She has almost doubled in size since I bought her!

We call this "smishing" haha. I have no clue why. But Oakley does it on command. We think it looks like a fish or something, but fish wasn't a funny enough word. Its nothing to worry about :)
Haha smishing is definately cute! So only Oakley does it? The rest of the team don't? Thats amazing! My partners Pom will lay down with her legs back like that, but doesnt drag em! Haha its a cute awkward action isnt it!

Im glad Oakley does it as well lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is so cute! Billy does that, too. I think it is prefectly all right.
Lovely! Does Billy do it when he is nervous? or just at random times?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe she is scratching her own belly. :lol:
Naww! Maybe! like I said, its a shagpile!! She doesnt do it anywhere else???

Interesting!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yep walks fine otherwise haha she just sometimes like to drag her self on the rug! haha Its one of the shagpile ones too so she must just like how it feels lol. Its so funny to watch! and she will do it only sometimes lol. She is almost 1kg now! She has almost doubled in size since I bought her!

Haha smishing is definately cute! So only Oakley does it? The rest of the team don't? Thats amazing! My partners Pom will lay down with her legs back like that, but doesnt drag em! Haha its a cute awkward action isnt it!

Im glad Oakley does it as well lol.
Trigger and Bryco both have done it a bit but it seems to be more of a girl puppy thing lol. Oakley does it when she is super excited, but also sometimes when she wakes up from a nap to stretch I guess...? Got me TBH, but she is never unhappy when she's doing it, always very giddy and happy. She never does it when she's sad or tired.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trigger and Bryco both have done it a bit but it seems to be more of a girl puppy thing lol. Oakley does it when she is super excited, but also sometimes when she wakes up from a nap to stretch I guess...? Got me TBH, but she is never unhappy when she's doing it, always very giddy and happy. She never does it when she's sad or tired.
Seems to be a positive thing from what people are saying! Its adorable :D

Lola does it when she is really happy to see me :)
Its cute! They get so excited the shake, they jump, they..... forget how to walk? haha it is cute and quirky tho!

Billy does it when he is excited and then sometimes just because.
Hehe I like that "just because"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LOL It's so funny when they do that! I think it's just them being silly and it's normal! My Kizzie does this! She wakes up and will stretch and then start walking without her back legs LOL and then she does it when she's happy. She walks fine too it's just something silly they do I guess.

That video is too cute! Super fast my gosh all over the place that made me laugh too! lOL

·
Registered
477 Posts
hahaha ... she's belly surfing! My dogs both do that and so did my little albino ferret. The carpet much do a neat belly scratch!

Jeanette, Cosmo, and Lavender (and Angel Lacy who now has her wings)

·
Registered
94 Posts
such an adorable video!! PaCO does this too, I can it carpet sharking.. he scoots around as if in search of feet to attack with his chihuahua bark of doom :) he often finishes his sharking with a roll over ad over and over and a JUMP up into mommies lap! such sillyness to watch :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pinky likes to do that across the couch lol. She has done it since she was a puppy and is the only one of the three that does it. I think it is so cute!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i wouldnt be worried my mini foxie Clarince does this all the time , mainly after a bath :) , i would say giving their tummy a scratch :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts