Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! It's true. An entire litter of chihuahua pups were born with only two legs:

They're so cute! But, they've all been adopted. :( This story is about a year old.

Sorry, if this is a duplicate, but I did four searches and couldn't find any previously existing topics about this.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes it happens every so often. I think this litter has been posted here a couple time's in the past. There are two at our local Chihuahua rescue that are looking for homes right now. They are so adorable!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Omg :(
So sad...
Its good that they have found loving homes though

·
Registered
407 Posts
oh, i am so lucky to have a healthy chi. other than seeing the 2 legged chis on this site i thought theonly 1 that i ever saw before was on dog whisper. iuet is so sad that this is caused due to inbreeding. it really angers me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don´t think it´s all that bad to have a 2 or 3-legged dog. They´re just like any other dog, only missing some limbs. But yeah, in-breeding and lack-of-care taken on the breeder´s part is a huge issue for me. I´m not really a fan of breeders though, to be honest. I would rather adopt, since there´s so many animals without homes and a lot of them get put down because nobody will adopt them, and it´s just not fair. :(

Then again, a lot of those dogs in pure-breed rescue groups come from puppy mill raids, but I prefer that my money doesn´t go into the pocket of those despicable people and if we can help some animals out of bad situations (like there´s a former puppy mill mama chi I am considering in my suggestion links), then that´s the best option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts