Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over xmas I put on a lil weight tell me someone who didnt!!! Anyway my first question is will pasta make me fat??? I know it sounds dumb but Ive eaten it for lunch and dinner for the past week and now am scared am I piling on the pounds??????

Secondly whats the "south beach diet"

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
As for the first question, YES eating pasta will make you gain weight (I LOVE pasta :D ). It's total carbs and when you eat alot of carbs without balancing out the rest of your diet you will gain, big time! :) My mother in law thought she would go on a diet of just eating rice :shock: and she noticed she was gaining weight instead, rice is full of carbs too.

As for the South Beach Diet, I have no idea! :lol:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Its true pasta is a carb, but its not only that that makes you get heavier when you eat it..its all the sauces that we put on it! In a balanced diet you actually can have pasta, but not smothered in creamy sauces or thick meaty ones either! :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
the problem is people tend to overeat pasta, pasta is quite healthy, in moderation. People tend to eat it in huge portions, a portion of pasta shud weigh about 60 grams dry. Id also avoid eating pasta late in the day, as pasta well carbs, are a huge source of enegery so you need to makes sure youll be able to burn it all off before bed.
if u like pasta you could try switching to brown pasta. have a search for something called the GI (glycemic index) this will tell you which carbs r to b avoided. not quite sure how it works, something to do with the effect on the food on glucose levels i think
mia
x

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Mia said it best. I am such a carb junkie and that is what has been my enemy during the past couple years.
I use to eat a lot of pasta when I was on swim team and swim club but that is because I burned a LOT of caleries and it was for energy. I went to college, stopped swimming but kept eating the pasta.
Have you ever tried whole wheat pasta? Its the white flour that is the killer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts