Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya :D

Minka's fuzzy hair seems to be falling off her face and legs(shes 14 weeks now, and u can see in the photo), there is new fur underneath, but its short.
Is this just her Bubba coat falling out and her new adult coat coming in, and it will grow long?

And also, Her nails are getting very shap, i was thinking of taking her 2 the vet to get them done and then doing them myself when i know how.
Do some of u do this?

(Sorry! She's my first pup!!)

Love n hugs
:angel1:
Sydney n Minka xXx

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think tht this is correct that her baby coat is falling out and her adult coat is going to come through. Yes indeed its a great idea to get her nails done at the vets then u can ask questions and stuff and do it urself second time round!!!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Definitely a good idea to go to the vet for the nails... at least for the first time. Personally, I prefer having the vet do it most of the time because Angel doesn't cooperate with me. I'm always afraid I will clip too close and I think she can sense my apprehension.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Long coat Chihuahuas blow thier baby coats about that age. So that is normal, however if she is itching or if it is red where she I loosing her fur then I would call the vet. :wink:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KJsChihuahuas said:
Long coat Chihuahuas blow thier baby coats about that age. So that is normal, however if she is itching or if it is red where she I loosing her fur then I would call the vet. :wink:
Thanks for the advice eveyone! :wave:

And nope is not red or ichy, but i will keep a look out!

Love n hugs
:angel1:
Sydney and Minka

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yip, that's perfectly normal :) I noticed with Ruby her adult hair came in pretty short at first and it makes them seem all funny and skinny and long for a wee while, coz you get used to them as little round balls of fluff, lol. Their full coats take quite a while to come in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts