Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

my little baby has somthing wrong with his eye... i noticed it this morning..

he can hardley keep it open, he just wants to sleep...

if i lift his eyelid up its all red all the way around his eye, on the eye and his eyelids and is swallon around the eye and he has a green discharge coming out...

my vet is colsed on a sunday...is it ok to wait till tomorrow or should i call an emergency vet????

im really worried about it :(

thanks for any help
star

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I would phone the emergency vet.Sully had an ulcerated eye caused by one of our other chis.Have you other pets that could have scratched him?

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i would call the emergency vet and see what they say - usually they give very good advice over the phone and you will be able to make up ur mind whether to take him in or not

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Call the emergency vet there is a very good chance he could lose his eye if you wait too long. Its not long since we had a similar problem, the cream our vet gave us started working almost immediately. A lot of vets in the UK are open on a sunday nowadays ours is maybe after this you should ask around for one that is but anyway an emergency call out fee or chance losing an eye no contest really . x x

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello, thanks again

tyke is going to be fine, he has conjunctivitis..
not sure what caused it..
the vet said his eye ball was not scarchted...
so it could be a number of things! the vet did loads of tests to make sure he didnt have a eye disease...he has a temperature, and the vet gave him a injection to take away the pain! poor lillte tyke, hes got eye drops, they have already stated to work! we got the day of work i dont feel hes up to playing with the other dogs today so im going to cuddle him all day :)
thank u
star x

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm so glad your little baby is on the mend its amazing how quickly they start to respond to a jab and some eye drops but thank god they do or we would lose our minds with worry and all have mental breakdowns or is that just me ?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
star said:
Hi leena
how are you and scruffy doing?
been along time...did his hair grow anymore???
look at my bebo staroffchav.bebo.com

there new photos of tyke on there :)

star x
Hey...what great pics! Thanks for sharing that :D We are all well thanks.

I have been clipping Scruffy as his fur is not as beautiful as your Tyke's when long:

I clip him like this:

I have always loved your Tyke...incidently, I once saw a Chi x Yorkie who I think looks very similar to your baby:

What do you think?

Keep well xxx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im here lol im sure i replyed..but looks like i didnt ..? he looks so differnt with long hair..
i love his hair long and short but love it long more :p

i can see a lil bit of tyke.. hes lovely

im going to send you a pm ...

star x

1 - 18 of 18 Posts