Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG thats all i keep saying!

ok so tykes hair was getting a bit to long and his hair near his eyes was covering them!

there a shop near me called pamper me pet a great shop sells loads of cool stuff! they have a grooming salon and i ended up chating to the girl who does the grooming...she was so nice and i see a little yorkie that she had just groomed so booked tyke in to have a trim!

so i droped tyke off i was really happy..Tyke was happy to go and have his grooming done...

i said all i wanted was a trim no more them half an inch off his hair and leave his feet hair long and the hair thats covering his eyes just to be trimed! So just a trim and a tidy up! i made it very clear to the girl i said i didnt like his hair to short i love it long!

OMG OMG OMG

I go and pick tyke up and OMG the girl didnt do anything i asked for!

she cut his hair so its just half an inch long not half an inch off! :cry:
cut all his long hair off his feet..
and shaved the hair around his face!

tyke looks so much different! i didnt think it was my tyke..

i was in shock i didnt say anything! i sooo wish i did now but i was in so much shock...so we come out walk round the coner and i started to cry :cry: silly me i know his hair will grow back and its not the end of the world but at the end of the day i didnt ask for tykes hair to be like it is and i made it so very clear to the girl! i told her it took me 4months to grow it as long as it was and told her how much i loved it compared to being short as it was when i frist got him!

ive got used to it now and he still my cute little tyke but im just so mad that the girl didnt take note of what i wanted!

BUT there is good as well as bad his coat is so soft and shiny his nails have been cut and his ears and teeth are so clean and because his hair was cut so short and you could see his old coler i had to buy him a new nice glam one :D

if this happened to you what would you do???
do you think i sould give them a call and say that im not happy???

i will post some pixs up very soon..my laptop had a worm so i had to restart it :roll: got to add me camara thing!

star x

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I don't blame you a bit for being upset. I would definitely call or go back there and explain to the girl that she did just the opposite of what you had asked for. If she doesn't seem to be concerned about your complaint, ask to speak to or see the manager or owner. You have a right to expect your wishes to be honored. I think they owe you either a free grooming to be used later or possibly a refund. :wave:

Edited to say: I guess I don't think a refund is in order since you do like some of what they did. I'd want a complimentary cut or nail trim or something to compensate. I guess you'll have to be the judge of what "feels" like the right amount of compensation.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
she probally messed up and had to cut it short i would say something
if i ask for something a certain way thats the way i want it im paying for it ya know thats why i groom all my dogs myself i want it my way even tho its just hair and it will grow back what if you were gonna show him or something and you needed his hair long

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pixs of before and after :D he looks so tiny tiny now!
as you can see he used to have quite a bit of hair!
she has left some length on his face but still shaved around his eyes! and i only said i wanted it to be trimed wear it sticks out into his eyes!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I think he looks really smart and tidy now with his shorter hair, he looks cute either way,but i prefer the shorter hair hes got now. :) very sweet!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sullysmum said:
I think he looks really smart and tidy now with his shorter hair, he looks cute either way,but i prefer the shorter hair hes got now. :) very sweet!
i have to admit , i like it better the short way too ......he looks so clean and tidy :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
640 Posts
First off, that is ONE CUTE DOGGY!! But I hate to disagree with you, I think your pup looks a lot better trimmed up like that. Cute either way but I really like what the groomer did. And you know what? It will all be grown back all too soon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone i do feel alot better about it!

I do like what the gromer has done im not b****ing about her i do think it looks so neat and tidy and the cut looks really smart :D

but just such a shock to see his hair so short!

i will get used to it..its like when u have your own hair cut at frist it looks odd because your used to your hair as it is before! you know what i mean!
i do think it is a great cut tho!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I do understand your shock at seeing your sweet boy at first. But I have to say that I agree with all the others: He's such a cutie with his new "do". :p

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i think it looks great, even though you like the results, she didn't do what you asked, so maybe i would just give the place a call, and say that she didn't do what you asked, and you are not exactly thrilled with the results, but you think they are ok, they will probably refund you. or give you some kind of gift card.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have to agree that he really looks cute with the shorter hair. You can really see his adorable little face so much better.

However, I do think you should let them know that they did not do what you asked them to do. Whether they give you a refund or not, they should at least know what happened.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
hmm this is a double edged knife...he does look soo much better with his new cut, absolutly stunning inface she did an amazing job of bringing out his features which is a groomers job,

if you say just a trim then it means just a trim as customer is always right
however groomers always try and make a dogs coat healthy comfortable and bring out the best featurs, perhaps she didnt understand exaclty what you wanted at first, however he realy did a ownderfull job, hes got an extreemly cute terrier look about him anywayz and now he just looks all look ma im handsome i can get away with anything lol.

id say if your happy with how it came out now your getting used to it, then relax a little, if you relay like it, keep taking him back fequently to keep it that way or next time say well i liked this but id like it left longer this time. ect.

if not however definatly go back and explain.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
looks like she gave him a puppy cut :? on one side, he does look cute but on the other side a bath and trim is all you asked for. he would have came out looking amazing if she just did the bath and trim on him. it's not like she did a hack job but a trim and a puppy cut are 2 totally different things.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone i have got over the skock of his hair being short :D
i do really like it now! but im still going to grow it back like it was before but not as long!

when i next pop in the shop i will say something but im not going to make it a big deal! :)

star x

1 - 20 of 25 Posts