Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All Chi lovers,

I'm new here and my name is veronika. :p I have wanted a Chihuahua for the longest time! Never thought one would come my way. Somehow, a miracle occurred.

Yesterday, I bought my first full blooded fawn black sabled and masked Chihuahua. He's 7 weeks old and a complete miracle in my life. Here is a picture of Tyson with my rat terrier, boo-boo. I call tyson tyty...

I love my baby, I snuck him in at work today and that is such a nono...ooops.:daisy: Good thing everyone is away for Thanksgiving. OMG! I have so much to learn and just love my baby so much. He still has puppy breath! xo!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Welcome! Glad you have Tyty now. He looks adorable. This board is fantastic about any questions you have. Enjoy him---legally please (no more sneaking him into work!) Sue

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue! I'm excited about being a member of this forum. Thanks for the welcome. Tyson just dropped into my life as a total miracle. I had been wanting a Chi for years. Anyway, I'm not legal today. I just really wanna make sure that he gets the potty training on the weewee pads. But, the good news is that I have a private office and many days go by without seeing a soul. And, it being right near Thanksgiving, I'm all good. After having the Thanksgiving holiday with him, I'll feel more secure about him and the weewee pads and then he'll be staying at home with his big brother, boo boo my rat terrier Chi cross......Have a fantabulous day! xo! from me and tyty!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hahahaha! "many days go by without seeing a soul" rofl hey if i had a job like that i would sneak a tiny chi in hehe. when i first read the name if this post i thought u were saying thankyou thankyou,...darn internet eboniks makes the brain go mush. he is adorable! cant wait to see him grow. whose the other pup in the pic? hehe and what is she

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gods and goddesses, pigeonsheep and dragonfly...Yeah, well it's a mixed blessing with my job. I ran the department at the University for years and then a new Director came in and she didn't really want me anymore, but they can't just eliminate you at a University, so they put me in a closet...lol... I still have plenty of work to do, just no more supervising and not a lot of public access. I'm all good, it was hard at first, but retirement is right around the corner, thank gods and goddesses.....I'm ready to move on to a different phase of my life after 20+ years at the University.... so, the babies.... Tyson's older brother is Boo-Boo, he was very sick at the pound and on his way to the kill chamber; they take those out on the side of the road as a last ditch attempt to find a home. I happen to have made an ebay sale and had some $$$ and when I saw Boo-Boo in late April, I fell in love. He was so sick with the kennel cough, so I got him all well, and now I understand that he is a rat terrier, maybe full blood, maybe mixed with part chihuahua. I wanted a chihuahua when I found him and the pound kids told me he was full grown when he was maybe 6 weeks... anyway, on my readings on rat terriers the toy ones are mixed with chihuahuas and whippets. That's what I think he is. I think he's a toy rat terrier, which would mean there is chihuahua in his bloodline. His legs are really really long and he's fast, from the whippet. Well, since I have 2 horses, a pot belly pig, bunnies and lovebirds, I was only going to have one dog, but have been dying for a chihuahua. Driving to work, I saw a handwritten sign and kept passing it saying chihuahua puppies for sale, I'm like no, don't you dare, just keep on driving... so, it's been weeks. This past weekend, I was going to buy pig food and there was this cute little family on the side of the road waving signs about chihuahua puppies. I stopped and asked them if they were the same as the signs I have been driving by. The wife said she didn't mean for her Chi's to breed and now she has the female spayed, but she just really wanted to find a good home for her 3, one male and 2 females. The price was unbelievably right, so presto, Tyty came home with me. I just haven't told my boyfriend, who lives in a different town.... yikes, he just wanted me to have one dog, and was glad when booboo was the only one. But, booboo is lonely all day at home and I know he can't wait for me to leave Tyson with him during the day so they can hang outl...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww welcome to the forum! Yours dogs are just lovely. I used to take my doggies to work also... but that was when I worked for a doggy daycare or vet lol. I admit I would probably sneak mine in too if I knew I could get away with it. Just not if it posed any risks to the job I guess; I could handle getting yelled at and hearing a "Don't do that again," hehe.
And kudos for his breeder fixing the mother! So many times people use the "my dog accidentally got pregnant" line and it's just an excuse but the fact that she spayed the dog after shows that she did the right thing.
And gee how could your boyfriend resist a face like that?!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww, I love your babies kittynkahlua, so purty. Tyty's mom or dad was supposed to be long haired and the other mate was short hair, but I don't see any evidence yet of the long hair. Yours are just gorgy... Well, I'm not gonna bring Tyty to work after today, :foxes15: it will be hard, but I do not want to get busted:rolleyes:...lol.... I have enough to do at this job besides that, lol....;)

BF just found out he has a major health issue, so I'm not going to spring this on him quite yet. But, he will eventually fall, I know that. Yes, I'm all about shelters and rescues, so I don't normally do this, but I looked her straight in the eye and said, and you did say you spayed the female? And, she said oh yes, I don't want this happening again. So, I feel good about it.... She just wanted to make sure her babies found good homes and were't going to bad places. I ALWAYS spay and neuter. I couldn't imagine worrying about what kinds of homes babies were going. I don't even believe in breeding horses anymore. There are just too many, and people don't have the $$$ to take care of them. Very sad. But, Tyty has found a forever home. That is for sure!:coolwink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts