Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a bag of S&C freeze dried patties. There was a couple of days worth of food in there (probably 4-6 patties). I found the bag underneath my bed, ripped in half and the food all gone. She must have climbed up on my desk and pulled it down somehow. Should I be worried about bloat or anything? That is a LOT of food for a little chi. I also fed her dinner right after she ate all that,(ZP) because I didn't find the bag until later.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You would have seen signs of bloat right away, she would have looked very out
of it, uncomfortable, pacing around, salivating and her stomach would have been
large and hard as a rock. I think she'll be fine, keep an eye on her for signs of
discomfort just in case. This happened hours ago right? If she's acting normal I
would not worry about it. Especially knowing the fact that she happily ate after,
she must have not been in much discomfort from eating all of those patties.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Pico recently ripped open a brand new bag of food too! He gorged himself twice before we busted him... He was visibly bloated but none worse for wear the little nut!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Just keep an eye out. It should pass on through. What a naughty girl though!! lol.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Some dogs are just like that. Rico would do that if he could and be very happy with himself too. ;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It's only large breed dogs you have to watch out for mostly. Their stomachs are not attached like a small dogs are.

What a crafty girl I hope she shared them with Lion ;p

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I don't know all the physical ramifications of eating all that food, but I have to ask--do you need to change her name from Penny to Piggy?! LOL

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know all the physical ramifications of eating all that food, but I have to ask--do you need to change her name from Penny to Piggy?! LOL

Trust me, that is already her nickname! My roommates also nicknamed her Twinkie because she is a little chubby right now and is obsessed with food.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
You tell that precious Penny-baby there is nothing wrong with that. I am quite obsessed with food myself! haha

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Haha oh Penny, that is a total Miley stunt. Last summer she ate two and a half of the three raw hamburger patties hubby had just made and left on the counter while he checked the grill. Im sure she would have eaten them all but got caught in the act :) Miley didnt get sick either, she has a total iron stomach.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It seems chihuahuas are ninja like! A while back tiny had climbed onto my desk to eat my bag of candy! But she was fine after that. It was scary cuz i dnt kno how much candy was in the bag and when i had caught her the bag was empty. Crafty little thiefs they r, lol!!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
How's little Penny doing?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Smart Penny lol!

Mimi would eat her weight in food if she could. Sounds like things are fine, but I hope all is well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts