Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Uhm, you're welcommmmme Marley? **figured it out! LOL**

So we got an order from hare-today & for fun I decided to try the dehydrated rabbit ears for a snack for the pups. (took some pics & will add tomorrow ;) ) So the pups were more than enthusiastic about them. It took them all a minute of sniffing the fur before realizing they could eat them. But once they did they LOVED them! Each one ate an ear (my 2 daughters were quite disturbed how they came connected as two's & about the whole idea LOL)...just hope they don't upset their tummies since they've not had rabbit in a while. But they did eat the whole ground rabbit (including fur) ok before so I'm hopeful they'll be ok.

ANYWAY, I was anxious & gave them their treat & started to make their dinner right after. I sat down to let the HK set (almost done with it but think I'll start in with the grinds tomorrow & save the rest of the HK for a rainy day LOL) & I was like "what is that smell?!". I got up & realized there was PEE on the couch...and ME! WTF?! Who pees on the couch?! I was like "who did that?!". The girls & I look over & the pups were minding their own business on their bed & in the crates. Except Marley who has his famous "sorry--IT WAS ME!!" look with his eyes all squinty & ears back. Gee...I think he was thanking me for his treat? :roll: He's naughty sometimes but has NEVER peed on the couch let alone me! LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh my!!! ha ha! So excited he peed??? That's funny.

Yeah, those dehydrated rabbit ears are Brody's FAVORITE. He just loves them. He usually grabs one and throws it around and pounces on it a time or two before settling down and eating it. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Any chance he might not be feeling too good?

Gretel did the same thing a while back we had a friend over and she hopped in his lap, peed on him and the sofa. When we took her to the vet the next day she had a high temp and an infection :(

Hopefully he was just being a brat! Nice treat though

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh that little rascal! I say no more rabbit ears for him. LOL

I'm with your girls on this one though, I think I would be freaked out about the ears being connected, with the fur still on them, and even just the plain fact of where those cute little wabbit ears used to be. :( At least with antlers they grow back, of course then again there's the issue of the bully sticks and where they come from, but hey that's a guys problem - not mine! :D LOL

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no no, he was just being a brat. LOL It's really the Marley thing to do...he does a fantastic job of living up to his name. ;) He's never been a chewer but the other day he was caught red handed (with Mari in tow) chewing up a pair of my flip flops! Usually he's pretty well behaved...but there are times when he can't contain himself. It' s just his nature. :daisy:

I was suprised at how quick the ears went down after they got started. Maxie & Matilda's were gone in a minute maybe. The others took a bit more time but they were so excited about it. I was especially surprised they got all that fur down w/o nothing more than a little gag afterwards. LOL Makes me a bit more confident we can someday be successful at trying some whole prey quail or something (which I had in my shopping cart but removed at last minute darn it!).

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROFL Lisa! Too funny!! I think bunnies are cute. I love animals period! But I'm odd like that I think...knowing this is what they were raised for makes it easy for me to handle I guess. I told my girls to think of them as stuffed animals & not like real bunnies. I don't think it helped though. LOL

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AH HA!! Know I know why he did it. Because I had the rabbit ears in my pocket. He ended up peeing on my pant leg but that's because I had my feet under me so when he thought he peed on my pocket it got on my pant leg. LOL Little turd hasn't marked since right after his neuter! Guess he did like the ears after all. ;)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
LOL, that is too funny, he was marking that ear smell as his own! That's something Sebastian (RIP) would have done.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
LOL that is so funny! He thought boy that was REALLY yummy - I need to make sure I mark them and fast so none of the other Chi's can have any more! There mine - ALL MINE!!!!!!!

Yeah I know that's what they were raised for and in the wild rabbits are caught and eaten everyday and us as humans eat them as well even amoungest many other types of animals - myself included, it's just that I don't think I could handle handing one of my dogs a furry rabbit ear to munch down on, especially since there is that little fluffy rabbit fur still in-between them. LOL

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Naughty Marley! They can be so brazen cant they! The other day Miley was snuggled up in bed with us and she crawled out from under the covers and peed on our duvet, right in front of me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts