Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this ad for blue pups, as youl see both parents are blue,and look at the price !! Theres going to be a lot of people like me out there that have never heard of colour dilute, i love my little Glyn but had no idea that he would lose his hair like he has, he means everything to me now, but i do think that maybe on these for sale sites there should be some guide notes for people to read, before viewing , iv removed the bottom line as it shows her number and where abouts, if anyone wants me to copy and paste the puppies pic on i will, just thought i would share it with you ..

2 Kc Reg True Blue Smooth Coat Chihuahuas
£1500

We have 2 true blue smooth coat Chihuahua boys looking for a home from 20th Feb.They are Kennel Club registered and will leave with 4 weeks free insurance and a large puppy pack. They are vet checked and will have had their first of two Jabs. Mum and dad are both blue and can be seen. These little boys have been brought up in a family home with childern and an old cat

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
£1500 seems about average price for a well
Bred dog now :(

Unfortunately there's no way of stopping these people it's quite heart breaking. I always wondered and can't seem to find any info if breeding two chocolates or a chocolate to a blue would cause the same problem as chocolate is also a dilute colour :(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
those are registered, I thought they couldnt be registered or is that just merels?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression that they coudnt be reg`d too as a lady by me was selling blue pups and her ad said ¬Pedigree papers only as could now not reg these pups, so not sure,

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Just wondering, willows mom looked just like her, silver with white, and her dad was a choc. Could she have been a candidate for diluted alopecia??? She doesn't have it at all, like I have mentioned in other posts she is VERY VERY hairy lol!

Lori

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Could I see the ad/pictures?

Out of both of his parents, Tucker's mom was the only one who was blue. All of the puppies from his litter ended up with nice, thick coats. I'd be very, very surprised if Tucker ever loses any fur. He's only 2, and I'm afraid of how much fluffier he's going to get. lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts