Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hear that you guys were under severe terrorist threats. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay safe!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently it was on the news. The person I heard it from is in Birmingham, UK

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Thank god i don't work in London anymore or have to travel by train except visit my brother who lives in the heart of London, Covent Garden so won't be seeing him for a while,but then again i think we're used to these threats now

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Thanks Michelle

I've known about this for a while (I'm ex met police :) ) so still have a lot of friends in it.. There's some huge ones planned this year :( it's awful I hope nothing comes of it were quite prepared as a country but it don't make it easier

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate in when we go on a high threat level here in the states! Scary stuff as you never know when or where :-(

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I think it's just precaution! We've been on severe alert since 7/7 I know they know of a possible threat tbh I think it's more likely next ear with the olympics being here?

I was saying to Louise where I use to work is te largest police station in Europe so we were always on high alert when we got hit on 7/7 I was on a course in London (that was just awful there was a bus outside and the idiot running our course was like its ok I'm like no it bloody ain't my family don't know I'm here!!!) anyway everything shut down and I had to get home I walked (in stiletto heels) from Victoria to Waterloo (phones were working intermittently) and had to go under the bridge to meet my brother inlaws boss (complete stranger to me) who drove me home!! Awful

Anyway at the station no one was allowed in or out they put it in dead lock my boss needed me ad I wasn't there it's funny now imaging her running around trying to wt everything secure but wow that was just so so scary!!

Hopefully we won't be hit (again!!) my mates calling me later as were doing lunch next week I worry about my friends

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had heard the same, apparently the police have been breifed and running practice excercises for an attack in Manchester, especially, the Trafford Centre, this massssive shoping Mal complex out of the city. Also -as well as Al-Quaeda sub-groups, there is renewed threat from the IRA. Manchester has only just been fully rebuilt since the last IRA bombing in 1996. I do hope that no attacks are sucessfull, it's abit frighteing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts