Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

What Pet Insurance do you have, and are there any negatives?

I am looking at Tesco for mine, I was quoted £11.24 a month. They have an excess payment of £50 for dogs though, is this a normal price to see with other Pet Insurance companies? Good thing I look at the small print! :shock: :lol:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
best one I found was M&S no excess, covered for life and £14 a month (well in surrey) scotland would be cheaper but u do get 6 weeks free from the kennel club with a new puppy thats registered

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I have heard brilliant things about Marks and Spencers too, especially the no excess"

·
Registered
365 Posts
im with direct line, its around 14 pounds a month but is excellent! 45 pounds excess but they pay out for all sorts of ailments that others don't!

be sure to read the small print.

for example, elmo needed to be neutred because only one testicle dropped! many companies wont pay for this as they say its just neutring and this is the owners choice!! Even though, it was a necessity and without neutring he could have developed cancer!!! Direct line paid for this!

·
Registered
533 Posts
were on petplan
it costs about £13 a month,my vet informed me that most other places who do cheaper insurance arent good because say if marni had heart problems..they'd only do the first treatment free with petplan its throughout.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Its important so check what you are covered for but thats not to say that the cheap ones are bad! Thats just a cleaver trick the more expensive ones make you belivie to go with them! I pay £18 for two dogs and they are covered for pretty much everything!

Some also give you a discount for more then two dogs etc,

Its worth shopping around!!!

I do it every now and aiagin and Tesco still always come up the best!

·
Registered
803 Posts
im with argos pet insurance £9.96 a month £50 excess, covered for loads of stuff too!! eg accidents, stolen, etc

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im with Argos too!. I searched on moneysupermarket.com and it gave me the best deals and i choose one from there (i think the argos one paid out and was covered for more things), i pay £9 a month.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Gem, is that true direct line will pay for the neutering - peanuts only got one testical that has dropped and we are with direct line!
there the only one i could find that says they will pay the vet direct and that swayed me - being a student and not always having loads of money on hand!!

my only problem with direct line was that it cost me just over £20 a month - all because peanut cost me quite alot in the first place!!

i might look into switching to M&S when the one runs out!

·
Banned
123 Posts
They will prob pay for the neutering since he is crypt (sp)! They wont pay for rutine netiering but the crypt one can be a problem in the future.... So its worthwile to shop around... I got money for having the baby canines taken out!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow this thread was started so long ago!! :D

I'm still with M&S and renewed it only recently, thankfully I've not had to make a claim so far. But they are very good, I pay nearly £11 a month and Lexi's covered for lots of things like theft, accidents, injuries etc. The no excess is a great idea too.

:)

Whoever you decide to go with, make sure that you read through the paperwork they send you and check that the information is correct! If it's not spot on, even down to the coat type/colour, they can mess you around if you ever need to claim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts