Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)

I amn't being nasty by saying UK advice needed, I just need some advice on what's the best puppy food to buy that I can get in shops locally! :D

So any advice?
Eukaneba sounds good, and I saw that Science Plan stuff, it looks good too.
Any preferences and why??

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ive used eukanuba a while ago when i had my german shepherd but i found it expensive.It is excellent and a Chi would eat a lot less that a large dog :lol: I am going to ask my breeders advice on this subject. Ceasar is good too and not as expensive. Its especially for small dogs and medium range price id say. :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: If there is not much choice I would go for Eukanuba. :wink: Stinky used to eat that when he was smaller and he liked it a lot, he was healthy, happy and shiny! :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
when mine were puppies I used to feed pedigree puppy and now there older they have pedigree small dog food dry and butchers wet food :wave:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Mine have always had Eukanuba small bites, from puppy upto adult maintenance.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I feed my lad on 'Royal Canin MINI JR ' ( we get the whole Royal canin range in the UK except the ' royal canin Chihuahua food' ( which I really want :roll: ) )

I love the whole Royal canin range ... Can't fault it at all :)

Other foods I can personally recommend and I think are good
& have good quality ingredients are :

Nutro mini puppy
Purina pro-plan small breed puppy ..

I personally don't like tin/tray/wet foods as a lot of them seem to be made of
' meat & animals derivatives ' and I like to give my lad food which I know
is good quality ingredients .. ( But that is just MY opinion )

Sara xx

( have you got your puppy yet ?? what did the breeder feed it on ?? SORRY
if I'm asking a question I should know the answer to but not I've been about much )

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus has been on Solid Gold Wee Bits (lfs quit selling it), Natural Balance (can't find it in VA), and now he's on Royal Canin for Chi's. All 3 are wonderful brands and don't contain filler type ingredients or biproducts.'

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
NoahFL said:
and don't contain filler type ingredients or biproducts.'
I agree , it's important to find foods with good ingredents :)
( only the best for our babies :D :D )

I've never seen "Solid Gold Wee Bits" / "Natural Balance " in the uk ?!?!
I've heard loads of people say good things about it though :) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Science Diet...

We have only had Coco & Pebbles for 5 days. We have started them on Science Diet Small Puppy food. We had our first visit to the Vet and she advised keeping them on Science Diet. She also said that Chihuahuas are known for being picky eaters, so she recommended adding a little chicken broth to their food or browning hamburger or canned chicken breast if their not eating enough. :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i think they sell those brands almost worldwide :D i give eukanuba, royal canin and science hill's (canned) i think those are the best brands :wink:

kisses nat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts