Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so clever even if I do say so myself!!!

Anyway I'm jealous of hare today I want stuff and we don't have suppliers like them so I've been searching and so far I found one it just does rabbit (I can't tell my daughter she will kill me) but it's a start

Rabbit Pet Meat

Oh and the idea is you order for a working dog as you don't pay VAT on it they even said 'we' can't check what type ofdog u have bahaha

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Good find Sarah! It's definitely a good start. And yeah...how weird they charge the tax (I'm guessing it's a tax?) if it's for pets only. I think they say that on purpose though...kind of like they *have* to say it but are hinting "We obviously don't know whether our Customers buy these products for working dogs, pet dogs, cats, snakes, owls - or what.". In other words they're telling you don't waste your money on tax because we don't care. ROFL!!

Anyway...good luck with them! Can't wait to hear what your pups think. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah value added tax we pay it on everything minus kids stuff but it's like 17.5% but is going up to 20% in jan coz our previous prime minister dropped it tp 15% and f,d it up!!

I'm gonna try it and take the label off and tell abi it's turkey

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yea! Definitely a good find! :)
I did a little internet searching for you yesterday, but came up with nothing. Only premade frozen foods.
I'm surprised there isn't a company like hare today in the uk. There are barf forums and other raw feeding website in the uk, but no suppliers for those who feed prey model. Maybe you just haven't found them yet. At least you got the rabbit, and you can get it minced whole! Whoo-hoo! :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lisa

It's a pain because there is a minimum £12 order plus £6.95 postage and what if they don't like it??? I don't want 3kg of the stuff if they don't like it ibwant some variety

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
All four of my guys love rabbit. They' re not crazy about the whole prey rabbit, but they tolerate it. ;)
Hopefully you'll find more variety, but rabbit is an excellent start!
Have you tried asking someone on a uk raw forum if they know of a supplier? Maybe they'll have some info. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should join a forum really

The girls like rabitt just that's a LOT of rabbit I'd rather have variety for them as I wouldn't use a grind daily just once in a while

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Good find! Its always such a pain to KNOW theres a great source for something like hare today but not to be able to use it, glad you found something. Better get rid of those ears quickly if youre going to trick your daughter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts