Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

so I have a question about Chi's in UK winters. I have heard that Chi's do not like the cold and I have already bought Poppy a little jumper for cool days and a parker jacket for cold days. But my question is, during the day when I am out (about 4 hours), will I need to leave my heating on for her during winter or will she be ok with her blankets and maybe a mini hotwater bottle under her dogbed?

I dont really want to leave the heating on in the whole house as she has her crate when she is on her own, so I could get one of those electric oil radiators just for the room she is in.

I suppose the same question for overnight, do people leave their heating on or are they ok indoors with blankets etc??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My heating is off at night,unless it's -4 no heating if i'm out either as long as they have a nice bed to snuggle in.You can buy a little round heater thing (can't remember the name of it )that goes in the microwave and stays warm for hours,pets at home sell them and all large pet shops.Safer than a hot water bottle

·
Registered
346 Posts
My heating is off at night,unless it's -4 no heating if i'm out either as long as they have a nice bed to snuggle in.You can buy a little round heater thing (can't remember the name of it )that goes in the microwave and stays warm for hours,pets at home sell them and all large pet shops.Safer than a hot water bottle
They are snugglesafe microwave discs, they stay warm for about 10 hours I have 2 for my hedgehogs. They would be perfect for doggies though too. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts