Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is just horrible; Tansy was spayed Tuesday at almost 5 months old. Shortly after she got home, we noticed that she was peeing everywhere. She hadn't had any accidents in over a month. Now, it's like she cannot hold it at all! And she has this horrible diarrhea, and it's EVERYWHERE! I woke up this morning and found literally about 30 little spots of it all over the hallway, and now I just found about 20 more in the animal room! I am going to have to do some fast shuffling to find somewhere to set up the expen (we just finished moving last night, and the whole house is packed to the seams with bags and boxes and junk), with a shower curtain under it, and hope that helps!

Has anyone ever seen this before?? The vet tech told me that sometimes they have *some* loss of control after a spay, but this is insane! Any idea how long this will last?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Neither one of my girls got diarrhea after they were spayed, they didn't have excessive peeing either. They were both 6 months old.

I would say if it continues, get her back to the vet because she can dehidrate.

Could be the stress of moving has made her worse? :dontknow:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, moving shouldn't have stressed her at all; we've owned this place since before we got her, and she's used to spending weekends here, and about half the week too. We just finished cleaning out the apartment last night, and we had to move stuff out of there faster than I could sort and put away, here at the new house.

I am mixing pumpkin in her food, and she seems to be a great mood, eating well, drinking well, playing a bit; I'm not giving her any of her toys or anything so she isn't too active. I am praying the diarrhea clears up fast, because that would make it so much easier to deal with!

I am going to give it until tomorrow to clear up, or we'll make an appointment with a different vet to have her looked at. The vet that did the spay is a wonderful vet, been in buisness like 20 years, and very clean and well run, but... well, who knows?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Bindi had it and she had it all over the house :evil: . My only guess was too much drugs. I know once I took her off the narcotic they gave me and gave her another pain non narcotic med she faired much better. But I also gave her Primal Defense which is a probiotic I take to help heal her colon. Make sure she is drinking - poor thing :(

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
poor tansy , i hope she feels better soon , i had no problems whatsoever with paris , i even didn't gave her a painkiller........

kisses nat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts