Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not about my Sugar, as far as I can tell her bite is perfect! But someone else's puppy who is 8 weeks old at the moment and looks to me to have an underbite. If I'm right that's when the under part of the jaw sits behind the top one and not in line with it? Anyway just wondering is it a problem? How does it affect them?? Thanks :p

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
So the underjaw is shorter than the top jaw? In that case it would be overshot...as long as it's nothing extreme it won't ever affect the dog as a pet. Bad bites are really common in chis.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
As long as it's not really severe, it basically just prevents them from being showing/breeding quality. Not a big deal if her Chi is to be a normal pet. :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sorry, the underjaw is shorter and the top one is longer.

Ok that's good, I don't think it's severe, what would it look like though?

Thanks for the replies x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
She does look tiny,but i have a tiny one and the only thing is to have nutri cal on hand, make sure you have a secure garden for a tiny ,let the breeder keep her till she's at least 12 weeks.But i must say she is a sweetie

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She does look tiny,but i have a tiny one and the only thing is to have nutri cal on hand, make sure you have a secure garden for a tiny ,let the breeder keep her till she's at least 12 weeks.But i must say she is a sweetie
Ye that's what's worrying me, there was a male pup as small as her but then 2 other females in the litter who look huge compared to her!

Oh thank u, do u get that in pet shops? When do u giv it to her? Oh yes I won't be getting her till she's 12 weeks if I get her. Just worried that she's tiny, has a bit of an overbite and slightly longer snout. But she's so gorgeous too and really really sweet!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts