Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Misty will not be staying with us after all. =( I'm not too thrilled but at least I have plenty of time to screen her out a home, it's just a long process.

To make a long story short, I'll be getting another puppy in a few weeks. NOT a chihuahua though, don't get excited. I have been in touch with a Chinese Crested breeder and was given the opportunity to adopt a powderpuff girl... as many of you may know I've been waiting for this chance ever since I lost my baby girl Pixxi a few years back. She is 5 hours away but it will be well-worth the trip.

What this means however is that I would be above the dog limit. Because Misty was the last addition and originally I planned to rehome, she's the only one that would adjust at all to that much of a change in environment. My problem is undeniably that I get attached to every rescue I take in and that makes everything 10x harder...

This is just an opportunity I cannot pass up. It's going to be a horribly emotional adoption I'll tell you that... she'll be my first crested I've had in over a year. I DO know this also means I will not be able to take in any more rescues or fosters... but I can still do my best to help my friend who does the same thing and get my fix that way...

Anyway for anyone who's interested this is what the new girl looks like. She has no name yet.

Meanwhile it's time to pull out Adoption and Spay contracts and get to work...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The little CC girl is precious, and it is obvious how much it means to you to make her part of your family. Misty is very fortunate to have you be the one to select a forever home for her and that you rescued her from her previous owners. There is no doubt you will make certain she has a responsible and loving family... Kudos for your loving heart and the rescue work you do.. I hope to see more pics of the new baby soon. Blessings, Deb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts