Ears are down.......

........and then one's up!

.......but then they're down again!

........and now they're both up!

What's next I wonder LOL!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Her ears are SO big....and CUTE! I just love the up-down-up-down stage. I think it's my favorite! Either way Miss Jazz is adorable. Though I'll be curious to hear if they stay perky or decide the weight is too much to hold up. LOL

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Her ears are SO big....and CUTE! I just love the up-down-up-down stage. I think it's my favorite! Either way Miss Jazz is adorable. Though I'll be curious to hear if they stay perky or decide the weight is too much to hold up. LOL
I'm SO glad you said that. I lose perspective sometimes, you know, the way you do when you're so up close and personal 24/7?

I keep thinking they're HUGE. It was less noticeable when they were both down, or even when just one was up. But now...omg! :D They look WAY too large for her to be able to hold her head up lol!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'm SO glad you said that. I lose perspective sometimes, you know, the way you do when you're so up close and personal 24/7?

I keep thinking they're HUGE. It was less noticeable when they were both down, or even when just one was up. But now...omg! :D They look WAY too large for her to be able to hold her head up lol!
They are large - I look at your siggy pic & compare hers to Tangos. hehe Milo also has super large ears & he looks so funny/cute when his get perky. I'm not surprised his never stood complately because they are so big. (you should see some of his baby pics - SO FUNNY!) Jazz must have some super strong muscles & hard cartilage to hold those babies up! :D

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are large - I look at your siggy pic & compare hers to Tangos. hehe Milo also has super large ears & he looks so funny/cute when his get perky. I'm not surprised his never stood complately because they are so big. (you should see some of his baby pics - SO FUNNY!) Jazz must have some super strong muscles & hard cartilage to hold those babies up! :D
OMG! You should see them in person together....the photo doesn't doesn't do the stark difference much justice! I always thought Tango had large ears, but they're itty bitty baby ears by comparison!

You know, I have this theory, that may be absolute crap, but it SEEMS to make sense, intellectually at least, though I'm really not clear on the physiology behind it.

I started Jazz on really really good food as soon as I rescued her. I should have approached it a bit more subtly than I did, but I was eager to get her nutrition boosted swiftly because she was so sickly, so within 72 hours she was completely weaned from the no name store brand crap, and on a Evo/Merrick combo, supplemented with chicken breast, mashed veggies and Merrick Chicken Pot pie canned food. As she recovered and I started doing my homework on the ear thing (Tango came to me at 7 months with fully erect ears) I wondered if excellent nutrition would play a part in developing the necessary cartilage to perk the ears up. Given how large hers were, I figured she needed all the help she could get lol! Whether it was the result of the nutrition, or she is just genetically predisposed to have perky ears, I'll never know. But I like to THINK that I at least helped :D

And of course, tomorrow they may be down again. ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
OMG! You should see them in person together....the photo doesn't doesn't do the stark difference much justice! I always thought Tango had large ears, but they're itty bitty baby ears by comparison!

You know, I have this theory, that may be absolute crap, but it SEEMS to make sense, intellectually at least, though I'm really not clear on the physiology behind it.

I started Jazz on really really good food as soon as I rescued her. I should have approached it a bit more subtly than I did, but I was eager to get her nutrition boosted swiftly because she was so sickly, so within 72 hours she was completely weaned from the no name store brand crap, and on a Evo/Merrick combo, supplemented with chicken breast, mashed veggies and Merrick Chicken Pot pie canned food. As she recovered and I started doing my homework on the ear thing (Tango came to me at 7 months with fully erect ears) I wondered if excellent nutrition would play a part in developing the necessary cartilage to perk the ears up. Given how large hers were, I figured she needed all the help she could get lol! Whether it was the result of the nutrition, or she is just genetically predisposed to have perky ears, I'll never know. But I like to THINK that I at least helped :D

And of course, tomorrow they may be down again. ;)

That very well could be! I'm pretty sure I've read that sometimes floppy ears is because they are lacking something nutrionally....so you very well could have something there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts