Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amberleah still sleeping a lot. She wont let me out of her site. She is eating real good. Because I had surgery too we spend lots of time in the hospital bed. She scares me a lot. She sleeping really good then with no notice she jumps up and moves very fast like darts out and moves to another place on the bed. She goes so fast I am afraid she is going to run off the bed. I try to catch her but it often hurts my surgery area. But i must do it. Before surgery she always peed just little bits but very often. Now she pee's a lot I mean a lot and not so often so that is good. So they gave her a shot for Bladder infection so must be helping her go better. My husband is going to get some cranberry powder or pills. She doesn't seem to be in pain.
Incision looks good. It is a large one. I think I am getting surgery lungs, all full Flem and hard to breath. I am very tired and weak too. I have pictures of what they did kinda gross. later when feeling better Ill post one of what they cut off.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
The peeing a lot could be the IV fluids they gave her.

I am praying for a speedy recovery for both of you!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thinking of you Theresa! Take slow deep breaths about 10 times every 30 minutes to an hour. If you cough, that's OK. Splint your incision with a pillow, hold it tight against your abdomen when you cough. If you don't breathe deep and don't get that mucous coughed out, you could get pneumonia. Drink lots of water. Take mucinex if your doctor says its OK. Pneumonia is a very bad post-op complication. Try to get out of bed and sit up straight so you can deep breathe if OK with your doctor.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh I'm so happy both the surgeries are over with! What a relief.
I wish both you and Amberleah well, hope you recover quickly.
Hugs. :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thinking of you Theresa! Take slow deep breaths about 10 times every 30 minutes to an hour. If you cough, that's OK. Splint your incision with a pillow, hold it tight against your abdomen when you cough. If you don't breathe deep and don't get that mucous coughed out, you could get pneumonia. Drink lots of water. Take mucinex if your doctor says its OK. Pneumonia is a very bad post-op complication. Try to get out of bed and sit up straight so you can deep breathe if OK with your doctor.
I have to ditto everything Tracy said. If you are unsure of the mucinex ( and get the plain one that is pure expectorant) and /or sitting up call your Dr. and ask if it's okay.

The unrefined apple cider vinegar would be good for Amberleah lou lou. It is good for bladder issues. It would be good post surgery too, to help her digestion.

Sending you both hugs :love7:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thank you. I have this plastic thing to use to make lungs better but hard to do. Know I know how my son felt not being able to when he was alive during his asthma troubles. it makes me dizzy.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to ditto everything Tracy said. If you are unsure of the mucinex ( and get the plain one that is pure expectorant) and /or sitting up call your Dr. and ask if it's okay.

The unrefined apple cider vinegar would be good for Amberleah lou lou. It is good for bladder issues. It would be good post surgery too, to help her digestion.

Sending you both hugs :love7:
thank you ill have my husband pick some up.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
ok thank you. I have this plastic thing to use to make lungs better but hard to do. Know I know how my son felt not being able to when he was alive during his asthma troubles. it makes me dizzy.
Does yours look something like this?

here's a patient instruction page with good instructions in case they didn't go over it well with you ....

How to Use an Incentive Spirometer

The important thing is to sit up straight (in a chair or on the edge of the bed). Don't do it lying down, you can't inflate your lungs as well when you are lying in bed, even if you are sitting up most of the way. Then don't rush. Take very very slow deep breaths until you can't inhale any more. Then let the air out and suck in again. Concentrate on slow deep breaths. You don't have to over do it. Just 10 times and then put it away for an hour. It will help and help prevent pneumonia which will be a huge setback! It's worth the hassle to use it. :)

Take care. I'm pulling for you. :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I pray each day finds both you and Amberleah feeling much better....she probably is having some sharp pains with the healing process....such a little girl for such a big surgery, but it is behind her now...and to have the UTI on top of everything else must have been miserable for her...
I echo what Tracy has mentioned about preventing pnuemonia....I would suggest that when you are up in a straight chair that it has arms...you might have some dizziness with doing your breathing exercises or with using the spirometer.....:daisy:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does yours look something like this?

here's a patient instruction page with good instructions in case they didn't go over it well with you ....

How to Use an Incentive Spirometer

The important thing is to sit up straight (in a chair or on the edge of the bed). Don't do it lying down, you can't inflate your lungs as well when you are lying in bed, even if you are sitting up most of the way. Then don't rush. Take very very slow deep breaths until you can't inhale any more. Then let the air out and suck in again. Concentrate on slow deep breaths. You don't have to over do it. Just 10 times and then put it away for an hour. It will help and help prevent pneumonia which will be a huge setback! It's worth the hassle to use it. :)

Take care. I'm pulling for you. :)
yes that is the one I have.
i will do what you said. they didn't even show me just set on my table and said put in mouth and inhale.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hope Amberleah and you have a quick recovery. Do use the spirometer faithfully. I have asthma, and they had me using one after stomach surgery. Very important to get those lungs clear. The other things is to get up and walk around, unless the MD told you to stay in bed. I know how much it hurts, but splinting with a pillow, will help alot. Good luck to the two of you. Sue

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone so much. Today better day still pain and weak but better. think have UTI from catheter, good thing is i have meds for that. I hope the surgery didn't wake up my IC. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts