Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So an update on Twinkie& Monkey ( this is the original post: http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chihuahua-questions/71849-my-cat-not-liking-my-new-puppy.html )

The puppy kept getting excited and trying to kiss the cat, and the cat seemed to be trying to not hit her as much... SO I left the room and made my boyfriend do the introduction (since when i tried& Monkey tried to smack Twinkie I cried for an hour)... And low and behold, they just wanted to play with each other. They're doing really well together. The dog definitely gets too hyper for the cat at times, but all she has to do is jump on the couch/kitchen table and she's fine. SUCH A RELIEF. The other day the dog fell asleep on my neck, and the cat passed out next to us. I was thrilled, I didn't think they'd ever get to that point. :D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
That is really sweet! You sound a little like me! Lol When we brought Angel home (18 months ago) I was so petrified of him getting scratched in the eye or something that I kept them separated. Well the cat is EXTREMELY shy anyway - so now, I have the cat not coming downstairs and Angel wanting to chase her. I did allow him to be around her finally (6 months ago). All he wanted to do is play, but she stayed under the bed. he went under after her, but all she did was growl.

I am glad that they are living together in peace!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Awwww. Cuddles and Nanners tolerate Daisy. Stormy is the old cranky woman who screams at her to get off her lawn, well off of anything shes already on. And she doesn't yell more like growls. Hercules will nozzle and play with Daisy to the point where he gets tired. The joy of cats and dogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts