Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK , well couldnt wait until friday to take tyson to the vets as his scratching of his ears had got worse by lunchtime today so made a vets appointment this afternoon and have just got back.. The last vet we saw i told her he had something worng with his ears but she said they are all clear nothing wrong.. 2 weeks have passed since then.

Seen another vet at same surgery and he has ear mites poor sod they are so sore . Got ears drops and guess wat he went for the vet :shock:

so she told him and me off! she said i must stop treating him like a baby and treat him like a dog as thats why he bit her! she said hes making a fuss over his ears but said they are not sore enough to cry like that.

Well they looked pretty sore to me and id probably bite her if she grabbed my ears like that when they hurt! just thought id keep you up to date! x :wave:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Aghh poor little Tyson , glad he now has some stuff to sort his ears out :)
I'm sure his ears are very sore and that's why he got upset and bit her ..

( and I say so what if you treat him like a baby , if he is anything like my fizzy is , he is a BABY ;) !! )

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
i nearly said poor little mite then but probably not a good choice of words. I hope he is ok! I think you have to treat chihuahua's carefully they are a delicate little dog so in some respects you have to care for them like a baby! I hate it when people say that! My mum says you are too soft with that dog but in my ways of thinking if i am not busy or doing something and relaxing and if deano wants to be picked up i will pick him up and we will have a snuggle on the couch or whatever!
again, i hope tyson is ok!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Poor little Tyson!! I'm glad his ear problem is now sorted out though. And that doctor probably NEEDED to be bitten - besides, she's the vet, she is supposed to protect herself against biting animals anyway. So it's not Tysons or your fault she got bit ... it's hers!!

Give Tyson a big squeeze for me ... I hope he gets to feeling better very soon!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well, I'm glad the vet was able to determine the problem and give you medication to treat his ears. But, I'm afraid I would have had a few choice words for her if she treated Jazzy that way! How does she know how sore his ears are or how much they hurt? :x

That was totally unprofessional behavior in my opinion, and I would be looking for another vet if something like that happened with Jasmine.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Poor little Tyson...feeling so poorly then having to deal with that insensitive vet...I would make sure she never touched him again...if you want to stay with that clinic, ask that your chart be " red starred " ( they will mark down that you don't want Tyson to be seen by that specific vet. )

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The vet is a proffessional and should KNOW dogs have teeth there is a chance of a biteor nip. How dare they blame you. IF you choose to dress your baby up and give it a binky what bz it is it how you raise him? I would definatley have a word with that vet and tell her she was very unproffesional and if SHE cant take precautions to not get bitten That is her fault not yours. Her bedside manner is unbecoming. If she cant deal with animals or their owners in a better manner I suggest she get out of prcatice.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
JAYNE said:

They are slowly getting better each day and hes itching less and less.. mmmmmmmm as for that vet i think we will ask not to be seen by her again!! i didnt like being told off and neither did tyson :oops: :oops: xx
I'm glad he's getting better. You should be upset about being told off. You did nothing wrong - you were just concerned about your baby. It's really no concern of hers how much you baby Tyson. She was totally unprofessional, and her bedside manner stinks. No wonder Tyson didn't like her!! :x

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:? I had to change vet clinic cause the vet that was examining my Princess was checking her mouth and my dog bite her.You guys won't beleive what she said that she had to report it and that no animal had ever bitten her.Boy were we mad,upset, and when she came back in she said her manager told her not to since she didn't break her skin.This sounded so dum and she said i will have them write in her chart to muzzle her.That same day we were shopping at Wal-mart I was speak to a nice lady i just have no idea how the conversation about vet clinics started she told me she knows a good vet that is great at working with these nervous dogs.No way the lady had taken her dog to the other vet clinic and they seem to be doing things for the money her dog had operations done that she did not even need.So when she went to the other vet all she need was an IV and her dog was better.I say no wonder they remolded and made the clinic bigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts