Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the breeder's today. Hope got her last puppy shot. I was curious to see her 3 remaining litter mates. She is TINY compared to them! She is perfectly healthy and when we chose her they were all the same size. They weighed her today and she weighed 2 1/4 lbs and her closest in size sister (who is the pup with the coloring I did not know and pictured here) weighed 3 lbs. They looked huge compared to her!

She and her litter mates will be 16 weeks in 3 days. Here are updated pictures of the pup with the coloring I asked help on before (which are awful because there was so much commotion that I could not get anyone still haha!).

I think she is the black sable fawn. She has gotten darker in color to me. It was hard leaving and not bringing her with! Hope cried the whole way home...my husband said that he'd prefer to turn around (mid way home) then rather than make the long drive again tomorrow if that was
what I was thinking. She is a beauty but we came home with just Hope!

·
Registered
912 Posts
OOOOmigoodness. That little girl is sooooo cute! You're very strong. LOL. :) Wow...

Hope is about Dexter's size (when he was that old!). :) He was 2.2lbs at 15 1/2 weeks. Hope looks much smaller though cause of her smooth coat.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Awww...such cute pictures! Hope does look alot smaller than her sister. Both are beautiful. Poor hope wanted her sissy :( You ARE strong :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Hope was exhausted so we put her down for a nap and went up the street for dinner. My VERY quiet husband looked at me over his big bowl of soup and said, "So. Are we going to talk about the dog?"
I told him that I had put it to rest since I had not asked him to turn around. We really wanted to wait until they bred her mom and dad again (which we learned today will be longer than we thought) and she was a bit older and more adjusted.

It was just SOOOO cute watching them kiss, play and crawl all over each other. I could imagine how much fun they would have while we are at work each day. They are full blooded sisters and look so much alike except that their body shapes (and coloring, of course) are different. This dog is more, um, "big boned"-like me-haha! I told my husband to imagine how healthy she would be with us on spring water and grain free food and treats (now don't I sound all righteous!)!

Some of my friends who have pets and also foster tell me that it is really not harder with two. I am not certain that I am ready to do it-or believe that. Surprisingly, our Hope was the calmest when we went to select a few weeks ago and this one was wild. Now, of course, ours is a crazy, wild woman and this little girl is mellow! haha!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're both very sweet. So sad she missed her sis. You'll have to go back & get her. ;)
I think my husband was preparing himself that this could become a real option for his Sunday afternoon...haha!

I started ticking through what we'd need to get if we decided to "add" her. Really very little. I have overbought for Hope so we would really be covered. An extra harness and leash. Easy enough. We have beds, blankets and toys, food, treats, bowls, potty pads and holders.

I really need to think about it and not let her cuteness sway me from a good decision.

Poo on the carpet and rugs again was one of his concerns as well as cost and worry (we will be wrecks) to spay two at once. Um, we both have jobs. Good jobs and we are empty-nesters so what else do we have to spend extra money on?? haha!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw I love your little Hope, she's precious, and her sister is soooo cute too. I love her coloring. You are strong for not coming home with her, hehe. I'd have come home with 2 pups, for sure. ;)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
wow she is turning out to be a beauty both really but love that girls markings. I know a lot of breeders and can tell you they would say a wolf sable for color but if going akc reg. color yes you can can go with black sabled fawn. I love the "huskie" markings on chis it really is neat!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
They are both gorgeous! I would be SO tempted to go back and get her sister.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think the sister pup is gorgeous. Is she fawn with black sabling ?? That is my take on it. If her under coat is fawn and her sabling is on top it is that way. My pup is a tri/sable-his is fawn with black sabling, but he has the marks of a tri. This girl is gorgeous.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the sister pup is gorgeous. Is she fawn with black sabling ?? That is my take on it. If her under coat is fawn and her sabling is on top it is that way. My pup is a tri/sable-his is fawn with black sabling, but he has the marks of a tri. This girl is gorgeous.
She is a hard one to figure. She could be called tri-color, I suppose as well. She has fawn on her legs, but once held up to Hope, her face (that I thought was fawn) with black is cream with the black but the black is mixed sort of with gray (or fawn or cream so it looks "highlighted" to me. haha! The black on her back is definitely on the top.

She does look like a wolf or a husky dog. My neighbor saw her picture and said she looked like a miniature of the German Shepherd he used to have.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The best thing i ever done was get Lola a play mate!! I rang my breeder a year later and she had Penny for sale! Lola and Penny are great friends.. its great watching them run around playing, and sleeping togetha!!
Hope is gorgeous by the way xx

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We definitely want another and planned for it to be same mom and dad but a year from now when they breed them again.

SO uncertain what to do! Wish we knew for sure. They have the same face and she is SO sweet.

I do not want to get her just to ease our guilt of Hope being alone during the day or just to give her a play mate for my sake (since she is beyond precious but of course, needs our attention and we are not getting much done but playing with her...haha!).

Called the breeder leaving a message for her to call us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts