Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well she is finally home! (BIG YAY! :p ). Took her at 8 weeks instead of 12 because her litter mates weren't allowing her to eat or drink (she is considerably smaller than them). I had to change her name because my other dogs confused Bree with the word eat. That was a fiasco lol! So her name is Laci now.

She is doing really well! Her fur is becoming longer and fluffier by the day. She put a nice amount of weight on and is catching up to her litter mates (who we visit every other day).

View attachment 5565

View attachment 5566

View attachment 5567

View attachment 5568

She is my first and only LH chi, couldnt resist putting a bow on her head! (I made them with soft velcro so they dont pull her her precious baby fur!)

1st post::
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chihuahua-pictures/59671-bree-my-miracle-cleft-palate-pup.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awe she's precious! Is there a thread about her story? Link? Haha She is absolutely adorable. Looks like my Brutie did when she was a pup

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Precious and beautiful baby girl... I am so happy for her and for you having found each other! Please post lots and lots of pics of little Laci.. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love that pic (Mohawk)! Always makes me smile! She looks like a cone-head! She gets some seriously adorable bed head. Ill have to post more bed head pics one day!

·
Registered
43 Posts
What a pretty lil thing..

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
She is a doll! I am really surprised they let her go so early with the issues she had.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They let her go early because they had her separated from her litter (she has 6 other siblings almost double her size) and her mom. They weren't allowing her to get near the food or water bowls. They were afraid she was going to go hypoglycemic at night. They wouldve put her with the adult dogs but they were eating the puppy food over their own food.

Trust me I was shocked too. I had everything ready but was no where near prepared for her schedule wise. But the thought of her being all alone made me cringe. Now that she is home she is miss dominant. I can tell she had food issues. In the presence of my other dogs she will hover over the food bowl and if they come to close she starts to shake and whimper. That stopped after 2 days but it terrified me when I first saw it. The poor thing was traumatized.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts