Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Sorry I haven't been on to update you all on Bruiser's condition. I am happy to say that he is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a rough few days! The vets were very unsure if he was gonna pull through but my baby is strong and a fighter!! I visited him at the vet's office yesterday and he was still unable to see....dr was saying he may never see again. After more meds yesterday afternoon and then last night his vision started to return. Today my hubby picked him up from the vet's since I am on tour in SC and had to leave after I visited him yesterday (tore my heart out of my chest leaving). My hubby says he can def see but maybe not 100%. But I am just glad he is home and ok!!!! I cannot wait to get home tomorrow night!! I have to drive 10 hours to get home but I am gonna drive straight through cause I can't wait to get home to him! I will post pics when I get a chance. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They worked!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I am soo happy to hear he is home and on the mend. Praying his sight returns all the way. These little guys can surprise us in their toughness.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Wahoo! Such good news, I've been so worried about him. SO did your vet feel it was a reaction to the Advantix that caused the problem?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wonderful news! I'm so glad he is home now and doing better! :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Yippy!!!!!! Soooo thrilled to hear the good news! I hope Bruiser will make a full recovery:) thanks soo much for the update.

Lori

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh that is such wonderful news! I had been wondering how he was. Thanks for the update. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the nice posts! I am home from NC now and Bruiser is completely fine!! He can see....he's all over the place and doesn't seem to have any problems. He's very happy to be back with Paris and she was extremely happy to be reunited with him!! They licked each other in the face til about 2am last night!! It was so cute! The vets are saying they think he had a head trauma....strange. Don't know what could've happened....no one was home all day. They are always out in the living room when we leave without ever having a problem then all of a sudden??!! I am still thinking it had something to do with the flea meds....I'm not totally convinced that the Advantix didn't cause it. I will no longer be using it...that's for sure!!! I am looking into a few all natural things for flea prevention. I am just so happy that he's home and doing good!! Thanks for all the prayers...yes, prayer definitely works!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts