Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another check up with the vet today after 2 days on antibiotics and thank goodness the lump on Chloe's bottom had gone down, meaning it was an abcess afterall and not a hernia as the vet had feared. She drained a bit of fluid out of it but said to keep her on the meds and bring her back in 5 days by which time the abcess should have gone right down. If necessary she will lance it then under light sedation but hopefully the meds will just clear it up.

I really have no idea how she got an abces on her bum. It's right on the meaty part where she sits so all I can think of is that she sat on a prickle or a sharp stick in the park and it pushed some dirt right up into her flesh.

I'm soooo happy she doesn't have to have surgery. She's my little muffin and I was so worried about her.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Woo hoo! Sounds like everything is going good. I know how freakin' scary it can be when bumps and stuff just come out of nowhere. I'm very happy that it's nothing serious and she's already on the road to recover. :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My my sounds like that was a pain in the butt..lol it was begging to be said

Glad she's on the mend

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A pain in her butt = a pain in my wallet - 3 vet visits in a week is $$$

Its looking so much better this morning. More fluid came out last night and now the lump is about half the size and it doesn't feel so hard. I'm feeling hopeful that it won't need lancing now, those antibiotics must be kicking in.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Happy about the good news Sarah. :)
The bum jokes are awesome, made me giggle. Poor Chloe.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
A pain in her butt = a pain in my wallet - 3 vet visits in a week is $$$
LOL!
I am very happy she doesn't need surgery and will be fine :)
Its always a relief when the vet says it'll be ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.