Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few weeks have been a roller coaster for Dixie. One tummy ache after another. Finally I asked her vet to refer her to a Great Vet Hospital here. After Barium X/rays. The Vet found that her stomach is not emptying properly. Seems the valve at the bottom of her tummy which should empty into her her little intestines is not allowing food to go through. Surgery may be tomorrow or Thursday. So please send out lots of Chi prayers for her.
wilma

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will let everyone know how she does. I am really nervous over the surgery. Just hate to see her go through this, but if it makes her well. All will be great. Thank you for being so kind.
wilma

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dixie is 3 years old and she had the surgery today. No tumors were found, no ulcers. They did do a biopsy of her stomach and he did have to work on the plyoris valve. It was extremely small and preventing food from leaving her tummy. They are keeping her until tomorrow. I miss her terribly. She made need to take medicine for the rest of her life. We can learn to live with this. I just hope she has no more problems. Thanks to all the prayers and thoughts. This was a great comfort to me.
wilma

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She came home today around 1:00 P.M. sore and weak, but so happy to be home with momma. Her vet, said she was up walking around this morning but would not eat for them. He knows she is spoiled rotten. As soon as we came home and she was settled on her pillow and my couch. I waited an hour and tried feeding her blended food. She ate two teaspoons. An hour later drank a little water. Her vet phoned and I told him how much she had ate and he was really happy to hear this. For a couple of hours she was restless- pain- but this evening she ate more food and is now resting much better. I am hoping all goes well with her.
wilma

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm really glad she's recovering well. Even with medicine for the rest of her life, I'm so glad you solved this problem for her. I think it's wonderful that you persisted in her care to actually find the source of her troubles. I hope you keep us posted as to her recovery.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We came home from the Vet hospital Thursday and for I feel so sorry for her. She has been giving me the cold shoulder and I can't blame her. Her surgery went well, no tumors, they did have to open the valve and make it larger so food could pass through. She is eating and drinking some. Moving around very slowly. Her stitches - around 14- really bother her as she tries to walk. They seem to jab her. It will be 10 to 14 days before they take them out. Around 4 this morning- we are sleeping on the couch, she decided to snuggle closer to me, as if to say she has forgiven me a just a tiny bit. One of her vets called yesterday to tell me her biopsy report came back and she does have Helicobacter, so I will pick up her meds Monday and start her on them. I am worried about all these antibiotics she will be taking. Her poor tummy has been through the work. I will keep everyone update on her progress. I want to Thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts, they have been such a comfort during this time.
Wilma

1 - 16 of 16 Posts