Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went back yesterday,
felt like I was back to the start again.

He TOTALLY ignored me everytime I tried to discuss how tired I feel, said it is cos I'm too fat (in his words) :mad:

Gave me appetite supressants to loose weight! and some pizotifen for migraine

so sorry if i type a bit funny for a while, but it ook a migraine tablet last night and feel doped up this morning, i hope it wears off

but hey, no sore head :D

but I really felt ignored and not listened to AGAIN

so I have vowed to go to bupa in a few months

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to wait until after we get ruby and go to bupa, well I will keep going back to my gp but are not expecting to get anywhere

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I go through the same here in America. :( I'm in constant pain, and have gone to several doctors, but they all don't know what's wrong with me. The closest that one came to a diagnosis was one doctor said I have peripheal neuropathy, and basically there is nothing I can do about it, because most medicines don't get rid of the pain. Sooooooo.....I have just quit going to the doctors and just bear the pain as best I can. I take ibuprofen, or tylenol. It seems to me it does just as well as the expensive medicines. But I know how aggravated you feel with doctors!:foxes15:

·
Registered
774 Posts
sounds like the crap i put up with with my dr for years. got some new drs and am slowly doing better.
iwac hope you get some help soon. hang in there.
pooky have you tried lycra? suppose to help with nerve pain. get them to dx you with fibro. thats what it sounds like. good luck guys.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i get migraines too. nothing the docs ever gave me worked. So now i use excedrin. Its over the counter in a green bottle, it works awesome, they even make excedrin for migraines. Maybe you can try it hope it works for you. I hope you get better

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks kenchi

the pizotifen are working, no migrianes since i started taking them, and a LOT fewer headaches in general, so thats one thing getting better

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen endless doctors in the past five years. That is why I am going to go private in a few months.

·
Registered
388 Posts
doctors suck!! mine never listens to me coz he doesnt like to be wrong ive seen heaps of doctors and theyre all the same so i give up and say nothing haha ill just sue there butts when my tummy explodes coz they messed up the scans haha

i hope things looks up for you soon

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stopped bothering going to be honest. I just gave up. NOBODY was taking any notice of me at all, and I got a bit down about it all and just stopped.
The trouble is once you are diagnosed with one condition they blame that for eerything, and I have a list as long as my arm from hayfever, asthma, regular/frequent migraines, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, poly cycstic ovarain syndrome, restless leg syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, now to add to the list is arthritis, and sick of doctors syndrome!

So basically i'm stuffed!!!! lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
lol igotthe sick of doctors syndromeands i just noticed that spells sods heehee

yeh stopped going to but now theyre making me agen grrr i know wat u mean about them blaming everything on other stuff that really oes my nutt in .
hugs for you!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
doctor

went back yesterday,
felt like I was back to the start again.

He TOTALLY ignored me everytime I tried to discuss how tired I feel, said it is cos I'm too fat (in his words) :mad:

Gave me appetite supressants to loose weight! and some pizotifen for migraine

so sorry if i type a bit funny for a while, but it ook a migraine tablet last night and feel doped up this morning, i hope it wears off

but hey, no sore head :D

but I really felt ignored and not listened to AGAIN

so I have vowed to go to bupa in a few months
I went to the same doctor for 19 years and switched when he got too busy to be bothered with me. He would come into the exam room and never sit down. He would walk around and didn't listen or seem to give a hoot. He had a rule that you could only discuss whatever you made the appointment for, so if you broke your arm on the way to his office, you couldn't discuss that. I switched doctors and really like the new one. I've been going to her for about three years now and she is very attentive, listens, and asks if there are any other problems before I leave. Maybe you need to think about seeing a different doctor.

I suffered with migraine headaches for years and finally got relief with Imitrex. Most people get relief with it. I tried many, many differnt medications, with minimal results. Imitrex gives immediate relief and you only take it when you need it. A lot of migraine medications take a lot of time to work and you have to take them quickly or they don't work at all. Imitrex doesn't leave you dopey either.

Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I stopped bothering going to be honest. I just gave up. NOBODY was taking any notice of me at all, and I got a bit down about it all and just stopped.
The trouble is once you are diagnosed with one condition they blame that for eerything, and I have a list as long as my arm from hayfever, asthma, regular/frequent migraines, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, poly cycstic ovarain syndrome, restless leg syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, now to add to the list is arthritis, and sick of doctors syndrome!

So basically i'm stuffed!!!! lol
I know your going to think I am a bit looney but, have you tried a wheat free/gluten free diet. A lot of problems can be attributed to gluten intolorance. Read this site if your interested.
Related diseases:
http://www.celiaccentral.org/What_is_Celiac_/Related_Diseases/98/

This is just one site. If you google Celiac Disease or Celiac Sprue you can find lots of information. Some people don't have the symptoms and may have asymptomatic celiac disease.
Best wishes in finding out the underlying cause and being your own best advocate in healthcare.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the replies.

jsut to clarify, I take daily meds to stop migriane attacks coming on, and it works, pizotifen.

My brother has celaiac disease, as well as diabetes and lactose intolerance, so basically he cant each much lol

I have thought about paying for some allergy tests to be done. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
thanks for the replies.

jsut to clarify, I take daily meds to stop migriane attacks coming on, and it works, pizotifen.

My brother has celaiac disease, as well as diabetes and lactose intolerance, so basically he cant each much lol

I have thought about paying for some allergy tests to be done. Might be worth looking into.
If your brother is a Celiac it would not be unusual for you to be also (genetic link). I also have Celiac Sprue and thats why I suggested you try a gluten free diet for a week. No need to test right away. Honestly, you can tell failrly quickly on a gluten free diet because you feel generally overall more well. I also have many of the same symptoms you describe...migraines/stomach problems used to keep me from having a life. I have never felt deprived of food and eat healthy filling meals.
Hope you feel better soon.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks, i might give that a go actually. Wouldnt hurt to try it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts