Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She is recovering well after her spay on Friday. Went for a check up this morning and wound is ok, a couple of red patches by the wound where she stands on 3 legs and scratches at it with the fourth! I've put Aloe Vera on the 'scratch patches!' and put a loose t shirt on her to try and stop her doing it :/ any other tips?

This is her tummy today:

View attachment 8879

Poor girl after the spay:

View attachment 8876

Yesterday:

View attachment 8877

Caught her trying to get the hanging birds on my dresser! Monkey! She must be feeling better!

View attachment 8878

By the way, she's not wearing her collar when she's sat with me, as I can keep an eye on any licking!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I've got to get Rolo done soon, was thinking of doing it at the end of Jan as my grandson is going away that week and so I won't be minding him. Thought that would be best week as will be quiet for Rolo and no possibility of him being pulled about. He will be very nearly 10 months, is that ok? He has both his bits! I'm dreading it, I don't even want to leave him at the vets 😥

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi, glad Honey is doing well after her spay, I haven't really got any tips to stop her scratching except I put a baby vest on Bella after hers, the kind with poppers underneath, there was no way she could get at the wound with that on.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Also, Rach, how long did they keep her there for? I don't know if it will be the same for Rolo as he's a boy and I'm guessing not such a complicated procedure, just wondering?

Toby is a boy so I can answer. Spays are very different than neuters- and much more complicated. Toby went in at 8 am and was home by 2 acting like nothing ever happened.

Rach, I'm happy Honey is feeling better.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Miss Honey, glad you are feeling better! Just think you will never go through that again....and don't worry your belly fur will grow back.

I got Lady right after she had been spayed, unfortunately on long coats the bald spot is pretty noticeable. As soon as it gets some peach fuzz growing back it look much less noticeable.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got to get Rolo done soon, was thinking of doing it at the end of Jan as my grandson is going away that week and so I won't be minding him. Thought that would be best week as will be quiet for Rolo and no possibility of him being pulled about. He will be very nearly 10 months, is that ok? He has both his bits! I'm dreading it, I don't even want to leave him at the vets 😥

Yeah i think thats your best bet, having it done at the beginning of a quiet week. 10 months is a great age :) Tell me about it, i was dreading Honeys! But he will be fine, you will be worse than he is!

It's great that Honey is doing better. Glad the 'red spots' are going down too.
Thanks Susan :)

Hi, glad Honey is doing well after her spay, I haven't really got any tips to stop her scratching except I put a baby vest on Bella after hers, the kind with poppers underneath, there was no way she could get at the wound with that on.
An actual baby vest? Oo i hadnt thought of doing that, thanks!

Toby is a boy so I can answer. Spays are very different than neuters- and much more complicated. Toby went in at 8 am and was home by 2 acting like nothing ever happened.

Rach, I'm happy Honey is feeling better.

Thankyou, she is. We went on a 5 min walk yesterday, then have been for a couple of ten min ones today. She is bored in the house, she thinks she is back to normal so cant understand why we arent walking lots and playing fetch! Ive been using her 'mind games' toys which have tired her out tonight :)

Miss Honey, glad you are feeling better! Just think you will never go through that again....and don't worry your belly fur will grow back.

I got Lady right after she had been spayed, unfortunately on long coats the bald spot is pretty noticeable. As soon as it gets some peach fuzz growing back it look much less noticeable.
Thankyou :) Oh i know, her baldness is not appealing! :) Hehe x

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

I've been trying to book Mylo in for beginning of Jan but it must be closed because I keep getting no answer. I'm really not looking forward to it! Luckily it is a lot more of a simple procedure than a spay but I still worry. I'm dreading when it comes time to get Willow done :(

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Aw honey pie,boo boo ! Why in the world are u scratchin ur itchy booboos! :( poor baby! Lol btw love the ecollar hahaha it looks like a sofa cushion! :) did u clip her nails? Maybe they're too sharp so its causin scratches :( or mebbe if they're fine u can try to file them to make them smoother...aaaah smooth sensational scratches,:albino:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aw honey pie,boo boo ! Why in the world are u scratchin ur itchy booboos! :( poor baby! Lol btw love the ecollar hahaha it looks like a sofa cushion! :) did u clip her nails? Maybe they're too sharp so its causin scratches :( or mebbe if they're fine u can try to file them to make them smoother...aaaah smooth sensational scratches,:albino:
It's cool isn't it, she still hates it of course! But it's an instant pillow! :)

Of course!! The vet clipped her nails at the same time, didn't even think of that!! You clever clogs! :) I'd like to see you try filing Honeys nails, eesh it's like wriggle wriggle, bite bite, bark bark! Ha! We are still at the clip 1 nail a day mark I'm afraid! :(

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
It's cool isn't it, she still hates it of course! But it's an instant pillow! :)

Of course!! The vet clipped her nails at the same time, didn't even think of that!! You clever clogs! :) I'd like to see you try filing Honeys nails, eesh it's like wriggle wriggle, bite bite, bark bark! Ha! We are still at the clip 1 nail a day mark I'm afraid! :(

LOL!!! it is VERY cool! hahaha:D they clipped KC's nails as well. awwwwww i was lucky that KC lets me clip her nails no prob! but dexter is another story...hes the bite bite bite bark whimper GROWL! lmao! :lol: when i file his nails its like swift file strokes LMAO! nothin major....he has really thick nails too! :laughing1:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts