Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wel I took Jake to the vets and the vet (Malcolm) that did the operation was on holiday, he always seems to be off on holiday...

Anyway another orthepdic vet (Tom) looked at Jake and suggested putting Jake on painkillers until Malcolm the vet can see him.

Tom adored jake and casualy mentioned what a lovely dog he was... Jake jsut seems to attract people to him.

So I am hoping to get a phone call from Malcolm on Monday to see when I can take Jake back to seehim.

The worst is that Jake may need another operation to take the pin out and as I am near the end of the max for each operation under my insurance policy it looks like I may have to start paying myself now.

Tyring to keep Jake quiet is hard when he wants to play with Red all of the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh, so sorry to hear that. Which leg might need the pin out? The first op or the second?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Poor Jake. I hope it all works out for you all. I know you have been through so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I am getting to the stage now where I am feeling so low. Its one thing after another and all I would like is to have at least one day that is pain free. It has been so long now I can't recall a pain free day.

I was so looking forward to having a little ride on one of my horses but that is on hold again.

Luckily I have you guys to chat with

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Try not to get discouraged. We all have times in our lives that are tough. I have always said "it's not what happen, it's how you handle it". Though it seems far away right now these tough times will pass. I do believe everything happens for a reason whether we can see the reason or not. "If God brings you to it He will bring you through it." You just have to take it one day at a time. Some times just one hour at a time. Just do the best you can and don't fret over what you can not. I have no doubt it will get better for you! We are ALL pulling for you!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I would love to know the reason why I have been plagued with accidents and illnesses for near on 3 years and being agonistic I don't believe in this god larky...

I am just one unlucky sole at the moment...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hear all this Deme. I hope your health improves. I remember you saying awhile back you could feel the pin in Jake's leg. My vet said that sometimes the pin will move, and it needs to be taken out. He also said that in a few cases, the pin just came out by itself! Is Jake in any pain?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was in some pain so is on Metcam for that and is doing okay, Just gotta wait for a call from the vet on Monday to see when I can take him in so a decision can be made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts