Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I ask the long, drawn-out question the other day about what could be wrong with Lulu. Later on I logged on and happened to see an old thread that had been recently commented on so it showed up on anal glands, and several things fit. I took her to the vet yesterday. Sure enough, poor little girl had a possible anal gland infection. Doctor decided that based on fever, color, odor, and erring on the side of caution. She had a treatment to the glands themselves and an antibotic shot--feeling much better today and fever gone. She went to the groomer last Friday for a bath and gland express so I was surprised by this, but she must have already been having issues--it's so hard to tell. Anyway, I went to a new vet (long story and I think ya'll can tell how long I can get), and he really talked with me about food alergies and causes. If anyone is interested reply and I'll report what he told me, or try to scan in and post the paper he gave me (I'm not really computer savvy). I think I'm gonna change Lulu from Blue Buffalo to something that is gluten-free, and completely stop her little cheese treats. He also suggested a baby carrot to chew on to clean teeth instead of store-bought dental biscuits (of course along with brushing). Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Poor little LuLu. I had a chi that developed the same thing, and the gland actually burst, from an abcess. UGGG! Sitz baths for a week, me washing it out, antibiotics and it did clear up. Just like yours, she had been to the vets and he had expressed her glands. I think he usued too much pressure?? What ever she was fine afterwards. No changes needed. good luck Sue

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Glad to hear your baby was fine afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts