Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok vet said it looks like auto immune hemolytic anemia. Her blood levels are worse today than yesterday. Going to try to treat with steroids. Got to take her back Wednesday for more blood work. If she responds,she may have to take prednisone for 2months. If she doesn't respond,we may be talking chemotherapy. But we are hoping this works. She is not producing new red blood cells. She's only 8 years old y'all ,how do you deal with news like this?she said if we had to do chemo,it would be in pill form.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
How often was she vaccinated? This is one of the chronic diseases caused by vaccine damage. :(

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Sheila, I'm so sorry you are going through this with Molly.
You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She was vaccinated as a baby and she had a really bad reaction. So my husband wouldn't let her have any more
Then I doubt its related to vaccine damage! I'm so sorry she (and you) are going through this. I hope the medication helps.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I hope she is okay! My grandmother actually has a human version of this disease and has been on chemo pills for several months. Although she has some side effects, she is okay. I hope the same for Molly! Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope she is okay! My grandmother actually has a human version of this disease and has been on chemo pills for several months. Although she has some side effects, she is okay. I hope the same for Molly! Please keep us updated.
Thank you and I hope your Grand mother will do very good as well. Grand mothers are so special. I have faith,she is going to pull through this

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everybody,I don't know how many of you believe in prayers,but my mama is going to get Molly a prayer cloth to wear.I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Poor little Molly...gentle hugs to her...I will keep her in my prayers.....keep us updated as we will be thinking of her :angel7:

( I firmly believe in the power of prayer, whenever Bella has been in trouble, prayers were being said for her from around the world....I take great comfort in knowing that... Never hurts to have them along with all the medical treatments )

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Poor little Molly...gentle hugs to her...I will keep her in my prayers.....keep us updated as we will be thinking of her :angel7:

( I firmly believe in the power of prayer, whenever Bella has been in trouble, prayers were being said for her from around the world....I take great comfort in knowing that... Never hurts to have them along with all the medical treatments )
Thank you Kathleen,Prayer is such a big part of our lives.Prayers are how Maisey is here today!Gods hands were sure on her,as it will be for Molly too.Thank you again

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you every one for the prayers,will update you Wednesday.She's still acting like she doesn't have any energy.She ate tonight but was very hesitant.Sometimes now shes breathing a little hard.Maybe we shouldnt wait til Wednesday,but vet was trying to give the prednisone 5 days to work.But what caused this?Poor Molly

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If it 'idiopathic' hemolytic anemia, it means there is no know cause. Just happens. I wish little Molly sucess in rebuilding her platelet count!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts